Thread: knife shops in Colorado

knife shops in Colorado

Anybody know of any decent knife shops in Colorado? I'm trying to find a place where I can handle some knives, and see what feels good in my hands. So far all I've seen if German knives and shuns though, and I wonder if there is somewhere with a larger selection of Japanese knives. I'm in Fort Collins, but visit Denver frequently, so something in those areas would be preferable.

None that I know of really. I live outside of the Denver area and order everything online. The only thing local you'll find are shops that carry the mainstream basics.

Peppercorn in Boulder has a decent selection of knives, but nothing worth going out of your way to look at. All German and main stream brands. There used to be a knife shop in the mall area of Longmont, but that closed some time ago. I remember the guy had a huge selection, but at the time I couldn't say if what he had was out of the ordinary.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any place around here that has a selection of Japanese kitchen knives. Now that there are a few in CO on the KKF, we should plan a get together.
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Agree on the get together. used to be a store in the Ft. Collins mall, but I haven't been in that place in over 10 yrs.
    Chewie's the man.

The knife guys in Denver have a small selection. One brand of wa handled that I can't remember brand. They seem pretty cool but I'd give 'em a call before making a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumblinman View Post
    The knife guys in Denver have a small selection. One brand of wa handled that I can't remember brand. They seem pretty cool but I'd give 'em a call before making a trip.
    Who are they/What shop is that?
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements

the shop is called The Knife Guys they sell commercial supplies, some knives and sharpen but I've never used their services. The time I stopped in they were pretty cool, joked around a bit.