Coming Soon To A Knife Near You

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream Burls

Reaction score
Here's a shot of some pieces that are in the process of being prepared for final finishing prior to listing. I wet these down with water to pop the figure and didn't do such a great job of it. How many species can you name? Hint: There are six different species with one in two forms (burled and not). They should be in the store during the next two weeks. I'll post the answer tomorrow if no one gets them.

DSC_5303.jpg

I'm gonna' take a stab at:

Buckeye, Redwood, Amboyna, Koa, Maple and Ironwood?

Four out of six, pretty good. I'll post the answer this afternoon

Curly Asia Satinwood, Buckeye, Redwood, AFZELIA BURL , Koa, Maple???

Also four out of six with a different one than chinacats had. Hint: no maple in there.

And the answer is....

Top two rows are Ironwood.
Next two rows are Satinwood Burl.
Next two rows are Redwood with Buckeye Burl at the right end.
Next two rows (this was a tough one) are Wild Almond Burl with a piece of Koa at the right end.
Then there are two rows of Koa with a couple of pieces of Ironwood, on the left side thrown, in just to confuse you.
And finally, two row of plain Satinwood.

Sorry to say that I will not be getting anything new into the store until next week. Tax preparation and life got in the way. But I can say that some of the pieces, particularly the wild almond, satinwood burl and redwood, are cleaning up very nicely.

Back