Quantcast
210mm tanaka damascus gyuto

Thread: 210mm tanaka damascus gyuto

210mm tanaka damascus gyuto

hey guys i currently own a tanaka 240 mm gyuto in r2 steel and just purchused a tanaka 210mm in blue steel just wonder why this knife is so cheap it was only $155 i was like *** is there reasons why they are so cheap is is that particular steel just cheaper to manufacture. also if anyone already owns one how is it ?

Cheaper handle, no bolster, cheaper steel, different Damascus, overall lesser finish I. E. No rounding etc..
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

do you still enjoy using it and obviously its not on par with the 240 ironwood but how does it perform compared to other higher priced knives

cheap?! I think $155 just about right price! tanaka damascus gyuto use 16 layers damascus iron clad+core Blue steel #2.....
    16 layers damascus is laminated damascus not Folding Damascus(layered-steel) & iron clad is much cheaper/easy to made than stainless san-mai clad.
    low-grade D handle, sub-par f/f(rough finish choil & no rounding spine)
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

The knives perform very nicely, look great and take a bit if TLC to get to the level of a $300 knife. I say it's a great purchase.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

just bought it because i thought it was pretty cheap and i want something a bit smaller. at my new job prep space is tight and limited

I that model in a 240 and it is a great knife. Takes a real nice edge and holds it a long time. Great bang for the buck IMO.