210mm tanaka damascus gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jai

Reaction score
hey guys i currently own a tanaka 240 mm gyuto in r2 steel and just purchused a tanaka 210mm in blue steel just wonder why this knife is so cheap it was only $155 i was like *** is there reasons why they are so cheap is is that particular steel just cheaper to manufacture. also if anyone already owns one how is it ?

Cheaper handle, no bolster, cheaper steel, different Damascus, overall lesser finish I. E. No rounding etc..

do you still enjoy using it and obviously its not on par with the 240 ironwood but how does it perform compared to other higher priced knives

cheap?! I think $155 just about right price! tanaka damascus gyuto use 16 layers damascus iron clad+core Blue steel #2.....
16 layers damascus is laminated damascus not Folding Damascus(layered-steel) & iron clad is much cheaper/easy to made than stainless san-mai clad.
low-grade D handle, sub-par f/f(rough finish choil & no rounding spine)

The knives perform very nicely, look great and take a bit if TLC to get to the level of a $300 knife. I say it's a great purchase.

just bought it because i thought it was pretty cheap and i want something a bit smaller. at my new job prep space is tight and limited

I that model in a 240 and it is a great knife. Takes a real nice edge and holds it a long time. Great bang for the buck IMO.

Back