Japanese Knives Jin Deba in action

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now if we can just get a video with a Jin yanagiba in action we will be set.

If you send it all the way down here, I can try LOL.

Hahaha, I'm game as long as I can wear a mask. I don't want anyone to be able to put a face behind the rookie sushi attempt.

With the cool deep voice thing and everything? Sounds like the next Youtube sensation. I'm predicting a million views in one week. We can call it "Jin vs Sushi, Star Wars Battle", or "Making Sushi with Chef Vader". I gotta patent this idea ASAP.

Awesome! Been lusting after those Jin's for a long time; great to finally see one getting used (and used well). Is the author of the video also a forum member?

Checking out the jin debas and mioroshi on your site, how come there are very similar lengths but priced diffetently? Is it because of thickness of the blade or just some have better f&f than others? Thnx

Its all about the price we pay him for the knives... thats it. He comes up with his prices based on a wide variety of things (which i am not always privy to), and we price accordingly.

Oh ok, if deciding on one would it be possible to ask for specific dimensions? Since it seems no 2 are alike from the pics looking at 200-215mm mioroshi deba... R his mioroshi pretty hefty? Hard to tell from spine shots the handle looks a bit oversized.. thanks

Oh ok, if deciding on one would it be possible to ask for specific dimensions? Since it seems no 2 are alike from the pics looking at 200-215mm mioroshi deba... R his mioroshi pretty hefty? Hard to tell from spine shots the handle looks a bit oversized.. thanks

sure... just let me know what you're looking for

ok is the cladding stainless? and the steel ferrule is it stainless steel?

is it laminated style of deba? or is it monosteel?

laminated...softer carbon steel with a high speed steel cutting edge (and copper inbetween the layers)

Hi Jon

BTW your site mentions the laminate is stainless steel thats why i asked on here. May want to update it so there no confusion. Thanks

Hi Jon

Can u provide the spine thickness for the mioroshi deba and the regular deba made by Jin? Thanks

Just another unsolicited opinion--I have a 210 Jin deba that is overwhelmingly the best deba I have or have had (out of si or so). Doesn't chip nearly as easily as a Masamoto or Shigefusa when cutting fish bones, sharpens easily. Edge retention is great. These are debas like none in the general pool of Japanese knives (and are priced accordingly). Will pick up a yanagiba at some point too

is your deba mioroshi or regular deba? How do u compare it to the shige? I have a shige 195mm deba and looking to get a jin mioroshi to comlement it. How is reactivity with this steel?

ms4awd- each knife is different... providing the spine thickness for one will not help you understand any of the others

Back