Quantcast
High/Low density chopping boards - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High/Low density chopping boards

The one I use are about 1/3 to 1/4 inch thick. They appear to be made of nylon or some similar plastic. They are cheap and freely available from stores.
    They are of I, suppose, medium density, which is to say they are solid plastic. Quite strong, but not all that hard.
    These chopping boards are not a glamour item, they are purely functional. The main priority is that they lie flat, do not damage the knife edge, and are easily washable.

in the past I have had some more expensive native timber boards, and they were okay, but a bit high in the maintenance department. I prefer to spend my energies on knife sharpening.

Thanks Doug - I am all for function over form - will get one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug8066 View Post
    The one I use are about 1/3 to 1/4 inch thick. They appear to be made of nylon or some similar plastic. They are cheap and freely available from stores.
    They are of I, suppose, medium density, which is to say they are solid plastic. Quite strong, but not all that hard.
    These chopping boards are not a glamour item, they are purely functional. The main priority is that they lie flat, do not damage the knife edge, and are easily washable.

in the past I have had some more expensive native timber boards, and they were okay, but a bit high in the maintenance department. I prefer to spend my energies on knife sharpening.

+ Reply to Thread