A Marko Tsourkan Triple Play

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream Burls

Reaction score
Became the proud owner of a "Marko" cutting board today. Combined with my guyoto and saya that Marko made also, I have the triple play.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Oh, and Charlie is the cat.

The cutting board is probably the nicest I've ever seen. Not only are the pieces matched to create an eye pleasing pattern, it's built like a tank, easy to pick up because of the side grooves, and with the non-slip feet it's solid as a rock. I have a Boardsmith as well and Marko's gives it a real run for it's money.

ohhhh is this why you havent posted up the new wood yet :p j/k ive just been stalking your site :p

Well, it's more like two out of three, as Myron did some final shaping, sanding and oil finishing the saya.

Thank you, Sir, that board looks good in your kitchen.

I will add that it is made of probably the heaviest walnut (quarter-sawn or rift sawn depends who you are asking) I have ever encountered. At first I thought maybe the wood has high moisture content (even though all lumber I get is kiln dried), but after a couple of years later, it was still just as heavy, so I figured it was probably from a larger tree with a fairly dense core.

M

ohhhh is this why you havent posted up the new wood yet :p j/k ive just been stalking your site :p

Yes, too busy drooling over over my new board. May have some new stuff on the site later today though.

Beautiful board with no sap wood! Nice matching of color too.

The wood for the knife handle and saya were provided by Dream Burls. The cutting board is from Marko's stock. He has a great eye for quality woods.

Yeah, he's a cutie - except when he wakes us up at 5 (or earlier) every morning. Wouldn't trade him in though, not even for one of Marko's customs and boards (had to get this thread back on topic somehow).

I will trade my cat for one of these gorgeous boards. Maybe throw in a couple good egg laying chickens. Don't tell my kids .

Beautiful! And congratulations on the set.... Marko's work just gets better and better... I am looking forward to my own masterpiece soon...:happymug:

Back