Quantcast
Dt itk vs Rodrigue mid tech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dt itk vs Rodrigue mid tech

Dt itk vs Rodrigue mid tech

Ill try to write a review after work tomorrow after I have a little more board time with the Rodrigue. I will say off the bat that this thing is super thin and awesome for more detailed cuts. It almost feels like it bridges the gap between a gyuto and a suji. The tip is sharpened tinfoil thin and very pointy. Easily going from fine dicing shallots to cleaning the silver skin off pork tenderloin.

height at heel?

Not sure. Ill get a measurement tomorrow. The heel height feels about average for a 240mm gyuto but the blade shape is very triangular leaving the tip quite narrow. It is a very comfortable knife to use and kind of reminds me of a tuned up sab.

Not sure. Ill get a measurement tomorrow. The heel height feels about average for a 240mm gyuto but the blade shape is very triangular leaving the tip quite narrow. It is a very comfortable knife to use and kind of reminds me of a tuned up sab. I've never used a masamoto ks but I imagine that they are a bit similar.

Yep, you've got my attention. I am tuned in.

Excited to read your thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    height at heel?
    48mm. Just touched up the edge and this knife plays very well with the rika... Haven't really found a knife that didn't but i got much better results off the rika than with the choceras on this one. Finished with a nakayama karasu. quite nice.

As a newb sharpener, do you think this knife would be worth a quick pass on a gesshin 4k before use, or nothing? Don't have higher grit options currently, and am awaiting first strop as well.

If mine ever leaves Chicago's postal wasteland where it's been sitting for a week, I will chime in with my thoughts as well!

I sharpened mine up to a 6k, and it's very very sharp, thin as nimble. K-Fed, how are you finding the feel in hand, with how light it is, compared to the DT ITK?
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by skiajl6297 View Post
    As a newb sharpener, do you think this knife would be worth a quick pass on a gesshin 4k before use, or nothing? Don't have higher grit options currently, and am awaiting first strop as well.

If mine ever leaves Chicago's postal wasteland where it's been sitting for a week, I will chime in with my thoughts as well!
    I would for sure. the edge imho was ok at best out of the box. The tip is extremely thin and a little flexible. Light pressure when sharpening the tip is a must on this one to avoid birds beaking it.

+ Reply to Thread