Quantcast
Dt itk vs Rodrigue mid tech - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dt itk vs Rodrigue mid tech

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    I sharpened mine up to a 6k, and it's very very sharp, thin as nimble. K-Fed, how are you finding the feel in hand, with how light it is, compared to the DT ITK?
    Really they are both two extremely different animals. The Rodrigue is extremely light and nimble while the dt has a good bit of heft to it. I was really suprised how light it really is. In hand it reminded me of the 210mm konosuke wa gyuto I once had as far as that goes. The balance on mine is spot on as well. Balancing right at the choil. I couldn't imagine a gyuto being any more nimble.

How much flex is there on both?

I think it would be helpful to see some numbers - thickness on the spine over the heel, then half way, then 2" from the tip, and weight of both knives. Those would give a fuller picture of knives you are comparing.

When you compare a laser with a hefty knife, performance will be very different.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

My first words to Pierre, in regards to mine were, "Reminds me of the Konosuke White 2 gyuto we played around with, but with a much nicer handle".
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I'm really interested in this comparo. Ive been lusting after a DT gyuto for a while now based on reviews, comments, and knife forum lore, but have yet to handle one. So seeing other makers put head to head with the "grail" always catches my interest.

Can't wait to hear more after you've put it to more use.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    How much flex is there on both?

I think it would be helpful to see some numbers - thickness on the spine over the heel, then half way, then 2" from the tip, and weight of both knives. Those would give a fuller picture of knives you are comparing.

When you compare a laser with a hefty knife, performance will be very different.

M
    I'd love to but I'm 86 calipers. Maybe lefty or Pierre could comment on this.

looking forward to your thought on the rodrigue. i hope he makes plans for a 270 gyuto mid tech down the road.

I could measure it. How exactly do you want me to measure the flexibility of the tip? I'd say it's there, but not overly bendy. Wit that being said, I'll give numbers, with an explanation on something "standard".
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post
    I'm really interested in this comparo. Ive been lusting after a DT gyuto for a while now based on reviews, comments, and knife forum lore, but have yet to handle one. So seeing other makers put head to head with the "grail" always catches my interest.

Can't wait to hear more after you've put it to more use.
    Shoot me a PM -- I have a 240 DT ITK in AEB-L you can try out (in Alexandria)

Off Topic...I would actually be curious as the standard as to how one would measure flex, for example hold the tip down and apply pressure from the handle and measure how far you press down? Or the same, only where along the blade it flexes, 2 inches from tip etc.....

I snapped a few pics tonight. They're worth a thousand words. The first is a flex pic of the Rodrigue. Second is the same with my dt and the third is a side by side of the spine at the tip. Keep in mind the dt is also very thin at the tip. Thinner than my suisin IH. The Rodrigue is on the left in the third picture.