Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My bread

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    I love love love bread making. Matter of fact, anything with yeast. Bread, sweets, beer, it's all good. I'll be checking up on this. When I retire I'll be moving back to Lancaster, will have to check out your operation.
    Jason

This is not a traditional bread, but this Georgian "khachapuri" (bread and cheese "suluguni")
    My first test...

That looks good Vlad!
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Vlad, care to show the recipe of that delicious looking bread?
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Not sure if you want us to add pics to your thread, but this one was at least inspired by you I used 2/3 Guinness and 1/3 water in this one. Not totally happy, I had been sick for the last week, so this actually sat longer than normally and overfermented a bit before I got to baking it. Also not sure I hit the hydration just right, will have to figure out what to change the next time. What hydration would you aim for with about 50% bread flour, 35% whole wheat, and 15% rye? Baked it until it reached 206F but a few minutes more might have done it good. As far as taste goes - I have no clue. Still have a nasty cold and can't taste nuances.... Every loaf a new adventure

Stefan