At the badger knife show

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delbert Ealy

Reaction score
Hey guys, made it to the badger knife club show, which starts tomorrow. Sorry for not posting pics of the stuff I'll have here, I was finishing knives an hour before I left for the show.
I will try to post updates this weekend.
Thanks,
Del

Had a pretty good day at the show, talked to a lot of people.
Sold 3.
Headed out to dinner in a few.
Del

Looks like there are quite a few good knife makers with tables there.
I am curious how the crowd is?
A lot of potential customers coming through?
I guess for you both end users and knife makers are potential customers.
Good luck Delbert.
Photos?

The traffic was really heavy yesterday, lighter today, but still good. Half an hour from closing, I had a customer pick up his custom, which he loved. Sold one stainless Damascus ring today. Hopefully tomorrow will pick up.
Had a ton of interest, I am almost talked out( yes this can happen).
Thanks,
Del

Looks like there are quite a few good knife makers with tables there.
I am curious how the crowd is?
A lot of potential customers coming through?
I guess for you both end users and knife makers are potential customers.
Good luck Delbert.
Photos?

Any surprising questions? Different from the questions and queries you get from KKF?

I spend a lot more time explaining, you guys here have better background when it comes to steel selection, hardness, and blade shapes. There are also guys staring to make knives themselves that have questions about the basics of knife making.
It's very different from kkf, but I have been doing this show for many years, and very few questions surprise me.
Thanks,
Del

Just returned from eating dinner, Indian for the first time. I had chicken curry. It was absolutely delicious. I'm going back there next year to try more things on the menu.

Back from the show, slept in for the first time in weeks. Had a good show, but I still have some knives left. I'll be contacting a few of you who requested knives last week, then I'll post up a few knives.
Del

Please let me know if you have any paring knives available!

Dels table was right next to Charlie Turnage so I spent 90% of my money with in the first 10 minutes off the show:D

Any Petty available? Is there a waiting list? Thanks

I really wish I could have made it. My wife's car broke down on Saturday and there was too much to do on Sunday to justify stealing mine for four hours of driving plus the show time. Guess there is always next year. Glad you had a good time Del.

I believe there is a petty listed as available on Del's website; at least there was when I looked yesterday.

Back