Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Revised Questionnaire

I think most folks new to japanese knives will have no idea what is meant by asymmetry ... or even geometry in general.

BTW, I really like the changes and where this is going
    Len

i would put the assymetry part of a knife info sticky =D

Quote Originally Posted by franzb69 View Post
    i would put the assymetry part of a knife info sticky =D
    So, not in the Questionnaire?
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

well you could put the links to knife info, maintenance and etc. in the questionnaire so they can read up about it... less questions that way? i dunno.

It was a "yes" or "no" question.

Since it would require links, etc., and you don't have a simple answer for it, I'm taking the answer to be "no."
    Michael

This is a big improvement, good work.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    v.2 is better than v.1
    I had to read this 3 times before I could see it wasn't a non-sequitur reading, "vg2 is better than vg1"...I was like, "OK, but WTH does that have to do with this questionnaire!?"
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

That's a no from me, Asym is well beyond the intro questions methinks. If the user knows this stuff they prolly don't need intro questions...

What do you think, is this more straightforward for the cutting board question-
    Do you use a cutting board made of any of the following materials: wood, bamboo, nylon, rubber, or plastic? (yes/no)

Trial by fire? Let's put it in and see if people have trouble in any particular spot... it can always be revisited. Not like we are life and death here.

Thanks again for doing this Mike, I can tell you really put some time and thought into it
    Regards.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

Quote Originally Posted by wenus2 View Post
    That's a no from me, Asym is well beyond the intro questions methinks. If the user knows this stuff they prolly don't need intro questions...

What do you think, is this more straightforward for the cutting board question-
    Do you use a cutting board made of any of the following materials: wood, bamboo, nylon, rubber, or plastic? (yes/no)

Trial by fire? Let's put it in and see if people have trouble in any particular spot... it can always be revisited. Not like we are life and death here.

Thanks again for doing this Mike, I can tell you really put some time and thought into it
    Regards.
    I forgot about nylon. I used "synthetic" to cover any other plastic-type material but I think those four pretty much cover the basics. I'll make this change.

Thanks.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by wenus2 View Post

Regards.
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Put up a trial version and I will fill it out. Then see how useful it is for advice givers