• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Marukoyoshi by Yoshikane Hamono 270 Suji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMac

Reaction score
This is one awesome knife. Bought this about month ago. I didn't think i was gonna sell this one. Well something came up.

From the original thread:

Marukoyoshi by Yoshikane Hamono 270 mm Sujihiki for sale. SKD 12 steel, handle by Marko Tsourkan made with ironwood and buffalo horn. The horn on the handle has shrunk slightly, just enough to feel the spacer, still spectacularly beautiful and probably easily remedied with a flat plate and some sand paper. Includes redwood burl sheath

here are some pics i took, if you check out the original thread there are some great pic's.

Price is 550$ shipped CONUS
IMG_20130322_235854_zps225d575a.jpg

IMG_20130322_235846_zps00842d55.jpg

IMG_20130322_235945_zps404b1b5c.jpg

she is a beautiful sight. i love that saya man. if only i didnt have to pay rent.....

Sooo pretty... I do love me some redwood burl too. I'm not allowed to buy knives like these until I'm skilled enough to properly care for them but this one's a doozy

It only lasted within an hour the first time and within an hour the second time.

I've already got Maxim's version of the blade; hard to convince myself to upgrade just for saya and handle.

I believe this is different from then his. This was a pro type for Marko. I could be wrong though.

A little different yes, but similar. One I have is SLD/SKD11 sekisou 270mm suji. Profile slightly differs from this one too.

Consider full price at EE and JNS, 550 is a steal with free awesome saya and handle.

if I'm not wrong, this is Yoshikane SLD damascus line migaki version.....there are several versions of yoshikane SLD line.
* Yoshikane SLD Kurouchi damascus
* Yoshikane SLD migaki damascus
* Yoshikane SLD kasumi (new for this year)
correct me if I'm wrong, Marko, Maxim or anybody....
the picture show Yoshikane SLD Kurouchi & migaki damascus
YoshihideFinish1_zps6ed02e83.jpg

SLDKUampMigaki2_zpsf361117d.jpg

The handle alone is worth almost 200.00. May be the last chance to own a Marko handle on a non Marko knife

I have coveted this knife, but alas I must put some new uber expensive tires on my car.

If this thing is somehow still available when my extremely slow tax return comes through, it will be mine.

Back