• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Aoki Hamono/Sakai Takayuki Blue #2 210mm Kamagata Usuba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schanop

Reaction score
I am putting this beautiful Aoki Hamono/Sakai Takayuki Blue #2 210mm Kamagata Usuba up for sale. It is a great usuba, in very very good condition. One that I don't mind keeping, but I do reach for Shigefusa kasumi usuba more often than this . As far as I know this usuba is among the top of the kasumi range in Aoki Hamono catalogue, second to Doi's range. Aoki Hamono seems to claim that this model is forged by Kenji Togashi (Suisin Densho, White #2 momiji, and Kisubyusin deba, craftsmen). For comparison with other makers, you might compare this with Masamoto blue #2, Suisin blue #2, Mizuno blue #2 etc.

It has been used, not very often, and cared for in home environment and still is in a very good condition. Edge is almost dead straight with tiny tiny bit of curvature. Shinogi line is almost dead straight too. Ura is flat and very thin along the edge, and quite thin on the spine side. Polishing on the table is still shiny and mirrorish. Kasumi polish is as usual. There are little scratches here and there from usage, of course. Saya fits very well; currently it is friction fit and does not need the pin to hold itself in place. And, I have original box somewhere in the storage too.

For such a good sample, I am asking 420 AUD shipped within AU. International buyer will attract additional shipping and handling fee.

Open images in new tabs or windows to see full size. More close up images upon request.

kamausubafs0.jpg

kamausubafs1.jpg

kamausubafs2.jpg

kamausubafs3.jpg

kamausubafs4.jpg

You may find more info about this usuba model from Aoki Hamono Website and catalogue.

http://www.aoki-hamono.co.jp/english1/wa e/wa11.htm
0007.pdf

http://www.catalog.vc/catalog_file/1815arc/pdf/0007.pdf

Easter and April fools have passed. Songkran is coming in two weeks, so let's say 388 AUD shipped within AU for an usuba.

This usuba baby is probably too much to ask for Aussie market. Let me make it more interesting for international buyer: 388 AUD net (any fee included) shipped worldwide via AusPost. Will accept USD too, at appropriate rate.

such a pretty! i have a sakai deba 210mm and absolutely love it! rarely see such a great knife poping up locally, good luck on the sale mate.
the AUS post is just making our life so hard to buy and sell stuff in the 2nd hard market.

Just got an email notification from Maxim about Shigefusa Kamagata Usuba availability and I would like to buy that, so I am putting this Sakai Takayuki back on the market.

AUD has weaken for the past few weeks, it's a good time for international buyer. I would also reduce the price to 320AUD plus shipping and handling fee.

AUD has lost its ground even further. Any interest from international buyer?

google rate is 0.92, so about 294. Paypal international transfer overhead is 3.4%.

Exchange rate seems to favour oversea buyer even more, any interest?

This one is still for sale, 300USD shipped to the US.

Back