Gesshin Hide Blue #2 Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitonboy

Reaction score
Next for your passaround pleasure, a Gesshin Hide 240 mm gyuto in Blue#2. Stiff with no flex, edge retention great. Wa-handled.

If interested, please PM me your mailing address and if you reply to this thread it will stay up longer too.

Usual rules: keep about a week, mail priority insured for 575, sharpen if you are good at it and if the knife needs it

Count me in Ben - I'd love to try a Gesshin.

I'd love to be included if you'll have me.

:knife:

Cheers

List to be finalized over the next day or two, so sign up soon if you want in

Just sent a pm Ben. You are most gracious.

Order list for passaround:

Mike9
Mrmnms
ThEoRy
jared08
toddnmd
skiajl6297
chinacats
EdipisReks
Chuckles
Heldentenor
mpukas
Crimedog
pleue
don
cclin
Miles
labor of love
Zwiefel

Just received well packed box from Mike . Was running late this morning. Didn't have time to trim my beard. We cleaned up nicely with this beauty. Shaving sharp. The girls in the shop looked very nervous. Will try it on food tonight.

On it's way to ThEoRy, thank you Ben for the opportunity and thanks Mike9 for leaving it so nice for me. My first experience with a Geshin and my first experience with a knife that comes with it's own zippered purse. Maybe I gotta get around more :D. The more I used it, the more I liked it. Reminds me of a Yoshikane on steroids. It's thick at the spine but quite thin at the edge. Better finish than the Yoshi, food release almost as good in my opinion. Great all round knife. 2 thumbs up.

I shipped it to Jared a few days before the ecg. I was kinda slacking on this one with my ankle condition and all. Sorry for holding things up.

The Knife is in the hand of usps heading to toddnmd, insured for 575. Want to thank pitonboy for the chance to give this knife a run, I really enjoyed it. It was a great cutter with pretty good edge retention making it through 4 days strait in a pro kitchen before I wanted to sharpen it again. First experience with a Gesshin and it makes me a believer in what every one says.
Thanks again
Jared

Back