Quantcast
Assessing Interest in Henkels-Kramer Passaround - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Assessing Interest in Henkels-Kramer Passaround

Quote Originally Posted by pitonboy View Post
    A few notes: It's first going to Mrmnms because he is helping supply one of the knives and then to Chris because he is doing the giveaway work that he does. Will try to send the knife out to Canada myself at the end as shipping will be the costliest and there is always customs to deal with

Could someone please ask K-Fed to send me his mailing address?

Ben
    I am more than happy to supplement the northern shipping as well.

I will be contacting Canada Customs, they are trying to charge me over $87 in customs fee's, worst case scenario they will be marked return to sender and will be coming back your way. I have never been hit with customs for something like this before I will be calling them tomorrow on my lunch break.

Sorry guys I just can't afford $87 in customs and then shipping costs to next person to just try out a couple super awesome knives, might be different if I was buying them and I got a really good price on them. Even then I have hard time paying customs fee's to the greedy government.

*edit*
    Oh when I saw the package it had been ripped open by customs and had yellow customs tape ALL over it, I hope those heavy handed bastards didn't damage the blades.

Customs blows. They damaged some vintage MTB parts when they ripped open a package I was shipping to Mexico. Still hasn't been resolved, its been 7 months
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmnms View Post
    I only have the 6 inch Meiji. I really like it. If you'd like to give it a try , let me know Marc.
    I have the 8" Meiji, very big fan of it. Love the handle. Had the 8" ZK Damascus but ended up returning it several months later. Gots to love SLT's return policy! The Damascus was nice, but paled in comparison to the carbon. Thanks for the offer!

Do you know what the contents are? You're on the list next for the Glestain, not the Kramers. The Kramers are on my counter as we speak. Just got it Monday night. The Glestain looks like it's at customs. Can we confirm it came from me?

this is infact not the kramers it is the glestain, i just posted over in that thread :/ this sucks I just went to the post office to confirm its contents

Do you possibly have a trusted friend in Seattle who can receive it and then get it to you directly?

Quote Originally Posted by marc4pt0 View Post
    I have the 8" Meiji, very big fan of it. Love the handle. Had the 8" ZK Damascus but ended up returning it several months later. Gots to love SLT's return policy! The Damascus was nice, but paled in comparison to the carbon. Thanks for the offer!
    marc4pt0, I've Shun 8" Meiji & ZK 52100; but, never try ZK sg2 Damascus! I'm curious why you returned ZK sg2 Damascus but keeping/love your Shun Meiji Damascus? do you think Shun Meiji Damascus has better f/f & performance than ZK sg2 Damascus??
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Nah, the ZK Damascus blade itself is a much better body of work than the shun. The Shun handle however takes the win between the two. But comparing the ZK SG2 vs the carbon, the SG2 was noticeably thicker on the spine and slightly thicker behind the edge. It was a fantastic performer, don't get me wrong, but in the end it just didn't make sense for me to keep it.I always reached for the carbon instead. The micarta handle has a MUCH better finish than that of the carbon's, but after I took to sanding and evening out the wood/rivets/spine the carbon handle became more pleasant to use.
    I'm kind of a Kramer knock-off enthusiast, having at least one knife from all the runs thus far. Would have loved keeping the ZK SG2,but...

Also, I got the Shun off the Bay, so there was no returning it, and returning the ZK yielded more $$ so I could afford my Shig!

thanks!! that's exactly what I'm feel/think about Shun Kramer & ZK 52100 & sg2!!
    Quote Originally Posted by marc4pt0 View Post
    Nah, the ZK Damascus blade itself is a much better body of work than the shun. The Shun handle however takes the win between the two. But comparing the ZK SG2 vs the carbon, the SG2 was noticeably thicker on the spine and slightly thicker behind the edge. It was a fantastic performer, don't get me wrong, but in the end it just didn't make sense for me to keep it.I always reached for the carbon instead. The micarta handle has a MUCH better finish than that of the carbon's, but after I took to sanding and evening out the wood/rivets/spine the carbon handle became more pleasant to use.
    I'm kind of a Kramer knock-off enthusiast, having at least one knife from all the runs thus far. Would have loved keeping the ZK SG2,but...

Also, I got the Shun off the Bay, so there was no returning it, and returning the ZK yielded more $$ so I could afford my Shig!
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!