Quantcast
Assessing Interest in Henkels-Kramer Passaround - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Assessing Interest in Henkels-Kramer Passaround

First impressions: much thicker at the spine than I expected it would be, not a bad thing, my early run dt itk is my favorite gyuto and they are very similar as far as that goes. I touched up the edge on chosera 5k raising ever slight of a burr and finishing on my light nakayama karasu. The steel feels very very nice on the stones. Very buttery, and very similar to my misono swede. It also took a very nice hair popping edge quickly, I guess it's to be expected though from a well done carbon like 52100. While not my first experience with the steel, I had a r!chm0nd fanatic in 52100 briefly, the kramer felt very different and much more user friendly. The Kramer is also much taller than I'm used to, though not enough so that it felt awkward to use. The edge profile is nice, quite sab like so I'm good there. I did feel like the salad fixings that I cut, radishes, cucs, and onion did stick a little more than I expected. Overall however, I could defineatly see rocking out one of these in a pro setting. It has far more positive things going for it than negative.
    Don't touch my d!ck. Dont touch my knife. ~ Anthony Bourdain ~

Sharpened the Henkel and shipped the knives out today. Should make it to little rock in a couple days. I only used the zk and ill post more later as I'm at my girls place and on my phone.
    Don't touch my d!ck. Dont touch my knife. ~ Anthony Bourdain ~

Just in time for a road trip!
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

They arrived this afternoon. I did a quick unpack to verify that everything arrived as expected, then popped them in the RV for the trip out tomorrow. Going to be the sharpest RV in america for the next few weeks!

Both of them are very aesthetically pleasing...will find something big to turn into something small in the next couple of days.

Hey guys, sorry for the long delay. I'm getting this in the mail to Crothcipt today.

The F+F on these was very good. The handles on both were much better than I'd expect by just looking. The belly on the Shun is just ridiculous though, I can't see how anybody would be OK with that in a pro environment...I'm surprised Ken Onion isn't suing for someone stealing his profile.

The Henckel's had a bit too much belly for me, but the extra height gave it a surprisingly pleasant heft. I'm not sure I'd pay the asking price for it, but I wouldn't mind using it occasionally.

This made it in the post today. I'll be more dilligent about getting passarounds out on time in the future.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Lol. I hope they enjoyed the trip as much as u did.

Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    Lol. I hope they enjoyed the trip as much as u did.

Well, everyone I met along the way had the chance to check them out....the uniformity of the responses was surprising...well, not really

They certainly got an extra bit of a trip...4k extra

Well they got a couple hundred extra miles the last couple weeks. I didn't let others know my new address, so they were in post office purgatory until today, when I picked them up.

The Zwilling became mine before I even opened up the box. There was about a half inch sticking out of the box, that ended up sticking the palm of my left hand. It looks like it was lucky and no damage was received.

Haven't taken a look a good look at them yet.
    Chewie's the man.

Sent these out on wed. Should arrive on mon., if they didn't yesterday. I'll post my thoughts later tonight.
    Chewie's the man.