Assessing Interest in Henkels-Kramer Passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitonboy

Reaction score
This post is more of a feeler rather than a formal offer yet because I don't have a Kramer in hand, but if there is a lot of interest in a Henkels-Kramer 10" carbon guyto for a passaround, I think I can get it going. On the other hand, if there is only weak interest, I would let this one go

i would absolutely positively be up for this :D wanna keep my first born while i borrow the knife? :groucho:

I would love to try one. Have been wanting one, but with the reviews from here I am not sure if I want to.

Alright, consider this a formal sign-up list. Please PM me your mailing address to be included. Igasho, we can do Canada but it may cost you extra to get it over the border

piton, i am willing and able :) Notaskinnychef lives down the street almost as well. Pm sent

This may be a double Kramer passaround--someone has volunteered an 8" Shun Kramer so it may be a two-for-one deal

I would love to try one. Have been wanting one, but with the reviews from here I am not sure if I want to.

I don't recall the reviews of the blade itself being bad. If I recall (and I am working on no sleep for the past 48 hours so I could be wrong) the only negative I have personally encountered, and heard of others encountering was the scales shrinking to the point were the rivets and tang were very noticable.

I don't recall the reviews of the blade itself being bad. If I recall (and I am working on no sleep for the past 48 hours so I could be wrong) the only negative I have personally encountered, and heard of others encountering was the scales shrinking to the point were the rivets and tang were very noticable.

I can confirm that there are definitely problems with mismatching scales. I was looking for the santoku of the ZK-line in a Zwilling-shop. The whole batch was affected in terms of one scale beeing to small so you could see and feel the edge of the tang.
I decided to get the 8" gyuot instead. No tang problems but you can still feel the rivets. Doesn't bother me that much, but it's noticeable.
In my opinion still a great knife, though.

This may be a double Kramer passaround--someone has volunteered an 8" Shun Kramer so it may be a two-for-one deal
Sweet. Be great trying side by side

Ben, any chance get Zwilling Kramer SG2 for passaround?? I'm more interesting compare Zwilling Kramer SG2 vs. Shun Kramer SG2 or Zwilling Kramer 52100 vs. Zwilling Kramer SG2!!

Ben, any chance get Zwilling Kramer SG2 for passaround?? I'm more interesting compare Zwilling Kramer SG2 vs. Shun Kramer SG2 or Zwilling Kramer 52100 vs. Zwilling Kramer SG2!!

Only if someone feels like offering it--I don't have one

We'll have a Shun Kramer SG2 to go along with Ben's generous offer. Thanks again Ben.

Hmm, Kramer v. Kramer... I feel a custody battle coming along.

which shun Kramer are you guys passing around? I think everyone will enjoy the ZK, love mine. they just suck on whole potatoes, but outside of that (and the scale shrinkage), phenomenal knife. Hopefully you guys are getting the shun meiji, best stock handle ever IMHO.

Will be finalizing the list over the next day or two, so last chance to be in

List as it stands:

Mrmnms
Knyfeknerd
chinacats
K-Fed
Zwiefel
Crothcipt
Edipis Reks
JMAdams13
JMac
JMJones
Mike9

(back to me)
Igasho
Notaskinnychef

A few notes: It's first going to Mrmnms because he is helping supply one of the knives and then to Chris because he is doing the giveaway work that he does. Will try to send the knife out to Canada myself at the end as shipping will be the costliest and there is always customs to deal with

Could someone please ask K-Fed to send me his mailing address?

Ben

I'll kick in for the postage to Canada Ben, you seem to do the "heavy lifting" on these passarounds. Thanks for your generosity.

I only have the 6 inch Meiji. I really like it. If you'd like to give it a try , let me know Marc.

Back