Quantcast
Masamoto KS 270mm gyuto - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Masamoto KS 270mm gyuto

After multiple tries to reach Wenus2 and/or Mike9, the KS is en route to Toddnmd.

Whoops, sorry Miles.
    My subscription expired and my inbox went to insta-over-full status.

I forgot about this passaround, lol.
    Been a long time getting through 9 people!

If its still out and about, I wouldn't mind getting back in the loop. Elsewise, I snoozed I losed.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

Hi Wenus,

Can add you back into the loop. You're after Toddnmd.

-Don

Glad to hear you're okay. Was starting to wonder. :-)

Knife arrived yesterday. I was just going to write a quick message to Don asking what to do after I finished. Wenus2, you can PM me your address at any time, and I'll send it to you after I've had a chance to play with it. I'll update you and Don when it's on its way.

Don, thanks for sharing this. I don't have any 270 gyutos, and doubt I'd buy one, but it's nice to have a chance to try this one out!

Sweet, thanks guys!
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

Got it!

Might keep it too, gonna have to send out a search party to get this back Don!

This is one sexy knife, I see why it has made its trip so slowly. Surely nobody wants to send it on.
    Came damn sharp too, we'll done Todd.

Can't wait to play with it this week.

Thanks again Don!

This was a cool pass around to be part of. There is (or was)a lot of hype over the Masamoto KS which all made total sense. This knife was a solid performer during the week+ my sous and I had using it. I can't say that anything specific stood out about the knife making it a must get for me. But I must admit that 270 is just too much knife for this guy. That said, the KS 270 certainly came off a lot easier to control on and "off" the board then most I have tried.
    I have a Sakai Yusuke in the "KS" flat profile which I absolutely love. I have yet to actually work with a 240 KS, only handle one and admire. But if it performs anything like my Sakai then I would consider it a must have in one's collection, as would most others it appears.

Don, thanks so much for allowing me to partake in this pass around. Very educational for this guy.
    Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread