Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What to Expect

100% truth, except insert considering suicide in #50....thanks.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Not a pastry chef but I do have a "creepy obsession with spoons". Same with knives but that's a given.

#51 should be... 95% of your meals consist of stale leftover bread, scraps of chicken from the stock pot, and hot sauce, eaten standing up in the corner
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Quote Originally Posted by Jmadams13 View Post
    #51 should be... 95% of your meals consist of stale leftover bread, scraps of chicken from the stock pot, and hot sauce, eaten standing up in the corner
    or, a bowl of rice with soy and negi hastily consumed while kneeling next to the hand sink stressing about the ticket machine rolling madly
    Restaurant Murphy's Law 101: If you have 5 and don't prep any, you'll sell 6. If you do prep some, you'll sell 4

#27 gives my days meaning. Jmadams tonight for dinner, I deglazed a chicken pan with a bit of demi and cream, stale bread, great dinner. Should add a bullet, you will hate the 'Thank god it's friday daywalkers' Gotta love when a lunch server says to you, aren't you glad it's friday? Sorry, no I'm not daywalker, I work fri lunch/dinner sat lunch/dinner sun lunch/dinner and most likely mon lunch/dinner, hey might not be off til thursday next week, but hey thank god it's friday right?! Daywalkers and caveman vultures who needs em.

While I've never worked in a kitchen I can sympathize bout long days and days of the week not meaning a thing. Shiftwork at the hospital changes each set so when I hear that whole "friday" first crap I shake my head too, 14 hr days and nights so many times I need to check what days it is, especially the the start of my set.

+1 on everything! =D

Love thats so true! It's funny how people change after working in a kitchen for a while.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    On the odd occasion that you have any time off, you will find it almost impossible to relax or enjoy the rest. You will feel guilty for not working. By the time you start to enjoy it, it's time to go back. It's a sickness.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Sort of reminds me of working in a jewelry trade shop at Xmas time!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig