"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck
When you do eat, you will eat standing up, and you will eat in record time.
I remember being in a kitchen and lighting a burner with my lighter and had a new guy say "you must not have any hair on your hands" and it took me a minute to think about it cause yeah I haven't had any for years. Plus with my knife perversion less on my forearm.
someone said that this was taken off of boudrain's book kitchen confidential. i dunno, haven't read it.
ahhh does sound familiar now.. hmm but yeah, I don't wanna read it again.
“Skills can be taught. Character you either have or you don't have.”
― Anthony Bourdain
I don't remember a list like that, but good possibility.
Chewie's the man.
probably reworded it. checked an e-book i got of the bourdain's book.
OK I busted out my hard copy Kitchen Confidential. LOL yeah I know but it was cheap.
1. Be Fully committed. (If you're going to be a chef some day, be sure about it,.
2.Learn Spanish. (I can't stress this enough)
3.Don't Steal. (In fact don't do anything you can't take a polygraph test over.)
4.Always be on time. (nothing after this as if it was law )
5. Never make exvuses or blame others. (same as above)
6. Never call in sic. (except in cases of dismemberment.)
7. Lazy, sloppy and slow are bad.
8. Be prepared to witness every variety of human folly and injustice.
9. Assume the worst. (about everybody. But don't let this poisoned outlook affect your job performance.)
10. Try not to lie
11. Avoid restaurants where the owner's name is over the door.
12. Think about your resume.
13. Read. (me: goddamnit everything is out there some where all you have to do is make an effort lol )
14. Have a sense of humor about things. ( You'll need it)
i was often times asked to speak to perspective Doe eyed students for my culinary school and everytime the administrators and parents would leave I would tell the student pretty much everything on the list, after about the tenth kid they didn't let me talk to them any more. Just giving them a dose of reality.
I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.