Has spring started where you are??

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
Freak prairie snow storm see's the most snow locals can remember!
Well we been kinda digging out...
Here is a pick of a friends rig... He got stuck and left the truck, walked till he got a ride, when he came back, he brought a cat to pull himself out, this is what he found!
snow 2.jpg

Another buddy picked his wife up after work, tried to get home. Got stuck about a 1/2 mile from their acreage, so they walked home. It took 3 hours to go a half mile. When he came back the next afternoon, this is what he found... You can see the bumper and grill marks in the snow!
Burried truck.jpg
Snow.jpg

Wow thats crazy!!!! here in ontario it's bein snowing but doesnt last the whole day because of the sun. I'm jealous i still want that much snow!

We had a week of beautiful spring temps, followed by a few days of snow. But we only got a few inches, guess I should be happy it was not a few feet.

The guy in the bottom picture is 84, this is the most snow he can remember.

Ah the west coast of Canada. We get lots of rain, and it snowfall is rare. This was the mildest winter we've ever had here. A few hours/evenings of snow, but never stuck, even up in the higher areas where I'm at.

around -15 in Finland with lots of snow, coldest march in 50 years :(

But i have never seen that much snow before :bigeek:

No spring here. But only a few inches, not meters like you've got, thank goodness.
547AF94F-50C6-481B-A2C2-BC51522877C6-170-0000000A20ADC02B.jpg

It actually got up to 40 for a few minutes yesterday - amazing.

It snowed a lot over the weekend here, some of the worst snow I've ever seen. Which sucks because I was off work last week so I barely left the house for 3 days

No spring here. But only a few inches, not meters like you've got, thank goodness.
547AF94F-50C6-481B-A2C2-BC51522877C6-170-0000000A20ADC02B.jpg

ha, I was just going to post a similar picture myself. Woke up at 6 to see this. Until I saw the pics Pierre posted, I was a little disappointed. Now, not so much. Plus, local schools closed so I am relieved of my mentor responsibilities w/ the kids which gives me a full day of NOTHING to do

First crocuses started Feb. 1. They're about finished, and the daffodils and hyacinths are going strong, with tulips on the way. Witch hazels have been blooming, and the cherry trees are about to start. Dogwoods are a way off yet. We had a warm day when the crocuses were in full bloom--went outside and it was like sticking your nose in a jar of saffron. Still having the occasional freeze overnight, but spring is well under way.

Spring.jpg

Spring2.jpg

Turns out this was the best snow we've had all winter. Just got back from some family sledding time.
AEB1BC39-CC06-4424-845F-E227EA7C3CF8-170-000000148E2233C0.jpg

Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow.

BTW, beautiful crop of cotton, Rick.

The spring bloomers don't have the saffron threads. They just smell like saffron. Or I guess it's more correct to say that saffron smells like crocuses.

Apparently that much snow is enough to close the schools for today:
2nkp4ja.jpg

What the.....that is just a skiff, where do you live?
SW Virginia
I am still puzzled how is it possible to close schools for any amount of snow that is under 1".
I am from Bulgaria and I can't remember any school closings no matter how much snow, unless there was a problem with the heating system in schools.

They never closed when I was a kid and we walked a mile and a half each way every day. Now I work at a college and love snow days.

Latest posts

Back