Del paring knife in AEB-L vs Duck Galantine

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike9

Banned
Reaction score
OK - after the first cut I realized that "pealing" the side of the duck off the bone like you would a chicken - is NOT HAPPENING!!! OK - time to drop back and punt here . . . I revert back to the old ways of making a Ballotine - so I put more knife into it than I imagined I would have.

My Del did a spendid job of skinning - yes you are skinning a duck. That means trimming as much fat as you can and getting the bones out with out too much damage to the protein. I had a plan and I stuck to it.

It's a really amazing paring knife and urge everyone who needs a great paring to grab one if available. Tell you what though - that OOTB edge sure needed a little touch up after that project. LOL What a great knife - Thanks Del.

That's weird, it doesn't look like this ever really happened.....

The blade shape makes a lot of sense as a skinner, actually.with a bit more belly and a "classic" handle, if you tossed it in a sheath, people would assume it was a small skinning knife.

Only pics of the finished product - I'm bad in the document dept. sometimes. I was thinking it would make a great EDC maybe a neck knife. Can't wait for the 4" ones to be finished.

Back