Quantcast
If anyone is interested in cooking or trying filipino food..... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If anyone is interested in cooking or trying filipino food.....

The lumpia were not a menu item, only available when the owner's wife made a bunch. I think ground pork and stuff was the usual, not a vegetarian crowd...

I've seen coconut water and coconut milk, but don't think I've seen coconut vinegar. Does the sauce you described have a sweet component?
    Dave
    Older and wider.

sorry had the recipe a bit confused. haven't had breakfast yet. it's already lunch time here. lol. i don't eat breakfast a whole lot. so my brain wasn't working.

here's probably the closest recipe of what you were having:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/l...ipe/index.html

the link i provided also includes a dipping sauce that might be closer to what you were having as well.

you could replace coconut vinegar with white vinegar. the dipping sauce i mentioned is pretty much a universal dipping sauce that we make, aside from other universal dipping sauce that we use that's made with soy sauce, calamansi (philippine lime), and chopped up chilis.

Subscribed to the Youtube channel and going to be giving some of these recipes a try. Thanks for posting.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/filipino-lumpia-2/

Looks like spring roll. I suppose most Asian cuisine wld have their own version of it. I believe that spring roll skins shld be available in Asian groceries or in large super markets.

can be a bit tricky if there is pork inside as you do not want to burn the skin just to get the pork cooked. Finished item is supposed to be nice golden brown

IF you are gung ho about making your own skins.. here's a video on it .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...GXtPpftDs&NR=1

I am not a filipino but have been around too many filipino ladies... I only like their adobo.. if you know what I mean.

have fun

rgds
    d

yes it is our version of spring rolls. we have different kinds as well. we have deep fried ones, uncooked ones, vegetarian versions, etc.

as my country is thousands upon thousands of islands, our cuisine vary region by region. dialects vary as well. but pretty much the one language that's used by most in my country is tagalog / pilipino and of course, english (supposed to be our second language, but then educational constraints does put a hurdle on that)

i don't like eating adobo, having eaten filipino food all my life, i've found a dislike for certain dishes. lol.

the rice paper video is pretty spot on. we don't normally make it homemade since we can buy premade stuff. but the local market still sells the freshly made stuff here.

+ Reply to Thread