First Attempt

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim

Founding Member
Reaction score
So i have thought for a while to make something in wood for my webstore, as i love to working with wood and sometimes i have crazy ideas i want to try out :D

It will be mainly for EU costumers and i still need a lot of practice but i try to add a new category after i am back from JP. With wood cutting boards knife holders and knife magnets.

They will be sold only as indevidual as my stones :) I will try to select some woods from EU mostly but sometimes also exotic what i find here and there.

Will be very limited and only as my side project. :spin chair:

Here is my first attempt on Magnet rack, this one will go to my parents with matching cutting board :O
This one is Out of European Flamed Maple

only iphone pics
IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

I did however experiment with that for a long time now hehe, 50 different sizes magnets went to waist. Now i think i know what i want and how to do :D

Gorgeous work Maksim!! When will these be available?

Love that board. I love single peice boards. Working on a mohagony one myself. Nice chamfer on the edge too!!

some very old EU figured Maple boards that i will finish up when i get home :D
the thinnest i think is 50mm

IMG_0962.jpg

Thanks all !! and Marko :D They will not be as perfect as yours :O
More of a rustic stile and with some natural edge etc.

Yeah i had that bug for some time now, just used it for stone storage.

The beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As one of my friend's uncle used to say, "there is a veal cutlet for every tomato"

Messing around with another Mag rack.

So found out couple of things. My racks that will be for sale will have fixed screws to hold a rack as this hidden screws is way unstable and dose eventually come bit loose and will move rack when taking of the knives :(
Also have some Brass count coming with my Logo to imbed to the wood of that little sharpening man you see in my avatar :D

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

Wonder if it comes loaded with the arsenal pictured above?

Looks very nice Maxim, reminds me I really need one of these.:doublethumbsup:

Wonder if it comes loaded with the arsenal pictured above?
I am pretty sure it does if you get the furnished model.
Just teasing.
Nice work Maxim.
For me, woodworking is like therapy. Helps me to wind down and relax.

How about that? I have about 4' x 20" x 3" thick Silver Maple at home I've been waiting to get planed for me so I can make one (or two) boards of the same style. Great minds think alike.

Honestly i think now that Maple might be the best material out the for whole wood cutting boards. Very very tight grains with almost no suction at all, and still very mild on edge and not to hard.
The rack is from rock Maple that one was super Hard beast hehe maybe hardest Maple i ever tried, might be bit to hard for cutting board. Thats why i use EU maple for cutting boards

My new tool coming when i get back from JP :spin chair:
holzmann-ks-2000-kantenschleifmaschine.jpg

No
That is Singatirin Honyaki on the rack :D

more random photos of some woodworking :D

IMG_0975.jpg
IMG_0978.jpg
IMG_0980.jpg
IMG_0966.jpg

Will you also do end grain cutting boards in maple?

Love the pug. I have one too. 7 yrs old, named Winky. Oh yeah, the woodwork looks good to, lol

I really like the stand. I'm thinking of building one to display my ever growing vintage cleaver collection. Any pointers?

Latest posts

Back