Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small polyscience vs SVS which one?

Small polyscience vs SVS which one?

http://www.cuisinetechnology.com/sousvide-at-home.php Should I try to grab this over the SVS or is it splitting hairs?

It is however alot more cash.

If you have the money I would get the polyscience.
    I spent a lot of time looking at those and chamber vacuum sealers.
    Exciting stuff.

Don't know exactly what the SVS is. I do know that I have worked at a place that bought a cheaper circulator only to buy the polyscience a few months later because the results weren't as consistent. Just my two cents. If I remember right it was quail eggs that the cheap one couldn't nail.

Are you using this in a pro or home setting? Either way, I'd go with the Poly. Very dependable and durable.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

svs= sous vide supreme

It is for the home setting. I didnt even know poly sci made a smaller circulator until yesterday. Which is what we use to heat cool one of our really expensive instruments at work, so I know it is good stuff. It is a couple hundred more dollars so I wanted to get a few opinions before I sent the link to my wife for purchase.

I enjoy that the polyscience actually circulates and that I can clamp it to a pot or the huge container they ship it with.

Thanks for the opinions guys.

Jared

I have the SVS, I wish I had a polysci though, its a superior device in every way except self containment and aesthetics.
    The price on that is really quite good if you consider that it comes with a $100 book (assuming you want the book) and the container as well. I would suggest getting another container as well to use to nest, thereby insulating your main container. It will save you a lot in wasted energy on longer cooks. I would consider a chamber vacuum sealer as well. Good luck!
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

I see it's also available without the extras for $500, the book and container are definately worth the extra money for the combo, IMO.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

Quote Originally Posted by wenus2 View Post
    I see it's also available without the extras for $500, the book and container are definately worth the extra money for the combo, IMO.
    +1 on this and your above post.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Am I the only one who saw this thread title and thought it was about subwoofers when reading SVS?

While it's great to see the insulating balls used in a non-industrial application, those prices are insane. http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...FexaMgodv3QAVQ