Quantcast
Konosuke Fujiyama Blue #2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Konosuke Fujiyama Blue #2

If you don't mind the coin go for it,nice Ebony handle.

Quote Originally Posted by cclin View Post
    according Hitachi Steel Co. information, "JIS SK steel">purify>"yellow#2">purify>"white#2">purify & added C, Cr>blue#2
    okay it took me a while to find this, but in this link J Broida explains that blue steel is white steel with added tungsten and chromium.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...hlight=hitachi

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    okay it took me a while to find this, but in this link J Broida explains that blue steel is white steel with added tungsten and chromium.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...hlight=hitachi
    I don't want to say Jon is wrong, maybe somethings I didn't know about!! however, I can't find any information about blue steel added tungsten....if you go Hitachi steel CO. Japan web site, you can find lots white/ blue steel composition and no tungsten at all!!
    check HERE (white/ blue steel composition in English)& open "Specification of YSS High class Cutlery steel.pdf" file..see it youself!!
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

There's definitely tungsten in aogami super....
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

As well as vanadium and molybdenum...
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

[B]sorry I made mistake!! blue do added tungsten!! my bad!!please ignore my last posted!!Jon is correct![/B]
    Quote Originally Posted by cclin View Post
    I don't want to say Jon is wrong, maybe somethings I didn't know about!! however, I can't find any information about blue steel added tungsten....if you go Hitachi steel CO. Japan web site, you can find lots white/ blue steel composition and no tungsten at all!!
    check HERE (white/ blue steel composition in English)& open "Specification of YSS High class Cutlery steel.pdf" file..see it youself!!
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    hitachi states it on their website... (fyi wolfram=tungsten)
    sorry! Jon, your correct!! I made huge mistake....I'm geting old.....
    @labor, sorry for confuse you!!

Question Bevel difference and under-length

Old post but same question. From the pics on CKTG the Konosuke Fujiyama White #1 Gyuto and Konosuke Fujiyama White #2 Gyuto both have a low secondary bevel. Konosuke Fujiyama Blue #2 Gyuto has a higher eye candy secondary bevel. All in 240cm length.

Can someone tell if there is any real difference between both bevel types and is there some reason for that difference? I would rather prefer a Fujiyama White #1 with the Fuji Blue #2 bevel.

I have read Kono Fujiyama Gyutos run shorter on heel to tip like 230cm, can someone confirm that?

Thanks

my 240 fuji white 2 runs about 230mm long. I'll leave the bevel question to someone else. But I can say that you won't be sorry if you go with the white 2