Quantcast
Important Announcement KKF has new owners - Page 15
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: KKF has new owners

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    The problem is that only the people with the "Founding Member" badge understand what all this hostility, censorship and pettiness is about. I still don't know what "the other place" is. Not like you can ask. I've even asked in an email and got rebuffed. After all the OFFICIAL KKF policy is:

Members will not be given an explanation when asking for details on blocked/censored words/phrases. Your understanding and cooperation in this matter is appreciated.
    I'm willing to bet it's that attitude right there that has more than a few people chomping at the bit and you're seeing that come out in this thread.

-AJ

AJ, you left out the rest of the "OFFICIAL KKF policy":

If you find yourself posting a link (or word/phrase) that shows up (when posted) with a message stating "This Site Not Allowed Here" or************** then you are seeing an intentionally censored word/phrase or a blocked business entity.

These blocks/censors are in place for good reason(s). Some are blocking foul language yet others are blocking businesses (and/or business links) that we don't wish to have within our community.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...l=1#post191774

Thank you Dave for all this time you have invested in the creation of this internet-gem!

Even though comforting words I still fear that this becomes another KF, let's just hope that does not happens and that my fear hold no ground because i would hate to see this forum change to the worse.
    [FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][I]-"we're gonna make gluten free lasagna"[/I][/FONT]

I am a relative newcomer to the community here, and don't understand the history that a lot of this discussion is based on. What I do understand is that emotions run deep on this topic and that this dialogue is likely to degrade if this discussion continues. I can't imagine that Austin + team are now unaware of the contention on this topic.

I suggest we leave it here, unless Austin + team have some questions.

My

Z
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Congrats on the sale! For what it's worth, as a newbie to this forum (and to the knife forum community in general), it has been extremely awkward and difficult to try to piece together the history of how this place came to be - and I think careful thought on how this place moves forward should include consideration for new members, in addition to the old guard's history, aggravations, reasons for change, etc.

Note however, that I am still here. The community is great, the people engaging and friendly, and the answers honest. The interactions have made me rethink what an online forum can be. So thank you Dave and all involved for making this place what it is, and hopefully helping to guide it into the future.

“Everything that needs to be said has already been said. But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.”

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    The problem is that only the people with the "Founding Member" badge understand what all this hostility, censorship and pettiness is about. I still don't know what "the other place" is. Not like you can ask. I've even asked in an email and got rebuffed. After all the OFFICIAL KKF policy is:

I'm willing to bet it's that attitude right there that has more than a few people chomping at the bit and you're seeing that come out in this thread.

-AJ
    I do not have a founding member badge, and have not been around as long as you, but I do have a very real understanding of the **** due to the **** products and services received from said ****. My personal experience with said dealer is what led me looking around to find a more authentic site with no shilling in every other post. I believe this site has become what it is because of how/why it was built. I think the new owners see some value in that or they wouldn't have pursued the purchase. I personally hate censorship, but find it quite amusing here, it only blocks out the ****heads.

My 2 cents...I really do love asteriks

Cheers!
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Wow, all this bitching and moaning over policy blah blah blah blah blah blah........
    ........I feel like I'm watching the "Real Housewives of Menstruating Knife Knutz"
    You are all taking this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too seriously.
    Grow up.
    Get along or beat it.
    I feel like I'm talking to my kids.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

I had thought that I was alone in feeling treated disrespectfully but it looks like I'm not alone. My final thought is that I hope Austin realizes there is a gap that needs to be bridged. I have high hopes that this site will greatly improve with the new ownership.

-AJ

Austin: "Dave, isn't there a back-out clause in the contract? This place is infested with pests!"

Dave: "No fluck!n way, man!"

On a serious note, the members make this a terrific forum. Dave and Gentleman Jim, thanks for everything. I hope to see you both at the ECG.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by mpukas View Post
    I think it's fine if you want to ban Mark and Ken, and who ever else, from being members and/or vendors on KKF. That's legit. Publicly bad mouthing them because of your personal experiences is not. It's a good move on behalf of the forum to remove the silly censorship of their names.

This is just continuing the same passive-aggressive, childish attitude that partially led you had to create this place. In fact, you're the one who's sensitive, otherwise you wouldn't have the bans & censorship in place. Of course we want to hear your unbiased opinion about a product. And you can do that without getting personally involved.

Truth is purely a matter of perspective. I bet Mark doesn't think he did anything wrong, and from his perspective you're the one who's making all the fuss and the accusations you've made are false.

I'm not going to get into it about who's right or wrong, who's knowledgeable or credible, all I'm saying is grow up and move on. You've made a great place that we all love, and we appreciate it. Let it go so this place can continue to shine.
    Mpukas:

I've emphasized in bold two things above. The first part I emphasized is because what you're proposing is essentially self-censorship. Why isn't it ok to censor some things, but one shouldn't "public badmouth them because of your personal experiences . . . ."? Are you saying that I can't talk about my very negative experiences because they may be construed as "public badmouthing"?

Second, I don't know how many vendors you've spoken with, but I can tell you with near certainty, that Dave is not the only one who is sensitive about the fact that neither Mark nor his other affiliated vendors are here. I will go as far to say that you're only seeing the very surface of the dispute. And since, even as a casual observer, I've come to realize that Mark's business practices leave much to be desired, perhaps it would be best if you kept your "public badmouthing" of Dave and the censorship rules to yourself. I mean, really, if you're going to tell people that they shouldn't publicly badmouth, shouldn't you refrain as well?

(FWIW, the censors have never never stopped discussion about the knives he sells. So what if his last name doesn't come up? From what I recall, the names of his models have never been censored and there has been plenty of discussion about the quality, performance, etc. issues of the knives he's sold.)
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Curiously, I noticed that neither ajhuff nor mpukas are even paid members. Just sayin'.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"