Quantcast
Important Announcement KKF has new owners - Page 16
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: KKF has new owners

Nope And I have my reasons. I probably will when the ownership transfer is complete.

Just sayin.

-AJ

Of course you do. But since you don't pay, should your opinion matter more than the vendors who do pay or the members who do?
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    As for my bad mouthing of certain people....I promise to do my best to curtail this type of behavior I realize that some people are sensitive or don't wish to hear the truth so I'll limit my comments to being vanilla in flavor. Unfortunately this will also have to include the truths spoken about products that certain vendors sell as I don't believe that all people have the ability to understand why this is being shared, they can not separate a well intentioned warning (to keep members from getting ripped off) from that of ill intent towards the vendor themselves. I expect that the new owners will hold me to the very same standards that all other members are held to as the current moderators and Jim have always done in the past.
    Dave
    I hate vanilla. Dave, you're awesome. Please don't change.

Your professional manner and respectful attitude are rare these days. You think before you speak, and encourage others. Don't be bothered by the negativity. You owe nothing to anyone, but to be yourself.

Keep on, keepin' on

mark and his cohorts have their own crappy forum. lets keep it that way.

Dave: Congratulations on the sale. It is good to have you back as one of us , and great to see the burden of everything this forum brings lifted off your shoulders. This thread and much of what has been said I know is only a small glimpse of what you deal with on a daily basis.

Austin: Congratulations on the purchase. I am sure you will find this a welcoming place, full of people who love to share a passion...And as with any passion, our love of this forum and its subject matter often yields heightened emotions, as is evident from much of what has been said on this thread.

As a side note only....because politics are not my thing I would like to say +1 to chinacats statement below.
    Thanks for everything!!!!
    Regards,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    I do not have a founding member badge, and have not been around as long as you, but I do have a very real understanding of the **** due to the **** products and services received from said ****. My personal experience with said dealer is what led me looking around to find a more authentic site with no shilling in every other post. I believe this site has become what it is because of how/why it was built. I think the new owners see some value in that or they wouldn't have pursued the purchase. I personally hate censorship, but find it quite amusing here, it only blocks out the ****heads.

My 2 cents...I really do love asteriks

Cheers!
    At Death's Door You Only Have 2 choices. Die Happy or Die Regretfully.
    Knowing this...........Choose 1 and Live!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    I still don't know what "the other place" is. Not like you can ask. I've even asked in an email and got rebuffed.
    Not trying to be a jerk here, but you have 1100+ posts here and you don't know about the other knife forum? Maybe you should google around a bit. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=knife+forum

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    Wow, all this bitching and moaning over policy blah blah blah blah blah blah........
    ........I feel like I'm watching the "Real Housewives of Menstruating Knife Knutz"
    You are all taking this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too seriously.
    Grow up.
    Get along or beat it.
    I feel like I'm talking to my kids.
    +1

But I do feel kinda childish for what I wrote above. I couldn't stop myself.

Quote Originally Posted by mhlee View Post
    Curiously, I noticed that neither ajhuff nor mpukas are even paid members. Just sayin'.
    What and why should that have anything to do with it? Because I have a little extra cash to pony up and help with the day to days at KKF I should have some more standing to call a spade a spade than the guy who doesn't? BS!!!! That does not lessen what they have to say in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by mhlee View Post
    Of course you do. But since you don't pay, should your opinion matter more than the vendors who do pay or the members who do?
    It should not be any less either that is for sure. No one has been strong armed to donate or pay vendor fees. If anything vendors should have less standing, as they are paying the fee to help their bottom line.

Congratulations, Dave! And welcome, Austin!

I hope KKF remains true to the spirit in which it was founded. Now let's get back to kitchen knives!

I've been following this thread and the history of KKF very closely. I think it was said best that Dave M. made this forum but doesn't make the forum. Personally I had a had a bad expereince with Dave (Moritaka related) but I'm not going to bad mouth him, just not send him anymore of my business.

I also know a little about the history of the forum and the bad blood between Marks online store and such. All I'll say is that the truth is always somewhere in the middle. I will say that I've bought knives from several dealers from Bluewayjapan on ebay and C-Knives-to-go. I've also returned knives to both vendors.

Both took them back after months of use including a few sharpenings. Knives from Konosuke and Yusuke and Moritaka. Its sad that marks get a bad wrap here and can't defend himself. I've bought at least twenty knives from him over the past four or five years. Everyone came as described with a welcoming return policy. He's one of the few knife vendor that lists his phone # too. I was hoping to chat with Lefty (Tom) from Shiny and Sharp but his Phone # is not listed any where.its worth mentioning that Jon (another reputable giant in the US high-end cutlery world from Japanese Knife Imports) list his Phone # too. Sorry but I like to actually talk with the people I deal with. Nothing personal Tom, you sound like a cool guy but I stand by what i said.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    What and why should that have anything to do with it? Because I have a little extra cash to pony up and help with the day to days at KKF I should have some more standing to call a spade a spade than the guy who doesn't? BS!!!! That does not lessen what they have to say in any way.

It should not be any less either that is for sure. No one has been strong armed to donate or pay vendor fees. If anything vendors should have less standing, as they are paying the fee to help their bottom line.
    *Sigh*.

I don't think you've read through the thread and you're missing the point. It's not about calling a spade a spade. It's about changing some fundamental guidelines that have been in place since nearly the very beginning of this forum regarding censorship and not allowing certain third-party retailers to be identified, whether by website links or by name.

Sure the vendors pay to help their bottom line. But, they paid their fees based on certain clear representations and guidelines about what will be and will not be allowed in the forum.

The point I was making was that should a non-paying member have more influence in changing a fundamental guideline regarding what will and will not be allowed in the forum that directly relates to third-party retailers that essentially compete with our vendors, over those vendors who paid their vendor fees based on clear representations and guidelines about what will and will not be allowed in the forum?
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"