Quantcast
Important Announcement KKF has new owners - Page 21
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: KKF has new owners

"Real Housewives of Menstruating Knife Knutz"

I heart knifeknerd. I think he should be homecoming king this year.

Thanks Dave, this is a great place.

Welcome Austin.

Some may remember that I went to battle for much of what is being said in this thread from early on; and I too have no personal agenda. I think Dave has come a long way in self censoring. We all have opinions, but honestly....this is old news. The big split happened years ago now and should be left alone. The dust has settled, and personally I like my air fresh. Thus far Austin has displayed great restraint and I applaud him for that. Lets not make him think he married into a family with a bunch of misfit children.

Maxim, they say the best form of flattery is imitation...you must be doing something right, right?
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

I was going to comment on real menstruating housewives being a lot less whiney than you guys, but it would probably make you cry.

Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Baby. Doll! Missed you.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I'm well aware of the back story which informed some of the decisions that Dave made regarding vendors on the forum. I'm very much in favor of keeping the basic rules in place regarding vendors marketing themselves. I posted on KF for a long time. I was there when FF was founded and I was here when KKF was founded so I've seen all of it. I still occasionally post on the old forums, but spend the bulk of my forum time here. One of the primary reasons is that Dave made a conscious decision to do his best to keep the main forums free of the kind of marketing which is still very common over at KF. I feel that the member based focus of this forum is what makes it what it is and what makes it a valuable resource. The fact that the vendors here are open about who they are and the posts which can arguably be referred to as marketing are largely confined to their subforums keeps the main forums clean of the kind of passive marketing which is ubiquitous over at KF. Make no mistake, even though the fellow whom is referred to most in this discussion does not post directly at KF, his partners are active in keeping the forum well stocked with new video "reviews". I don't take issue with this, as I am well aware of what they are, but I appreciate a forum that is member driven and keeps the marketing where it should be. I do believe that the vendors here are all reputable and of the very highest caliber. I think that makes it easier to keep a bit of a firewall between the main forums and the vendor forums. Despite the deep conflict that helped inform this choice when the KKF forum was founded, keeping the main forums clear of "aggressive" passive marketing is part of why this forum is so valuable. I hope that Austin and the new owners will keep this foremost in their thoughts as they move forward. I have great faith that Dave would choose folks who understand and respect how important this is to the fabric of the forum. I expect that any changes in the future will be made with this in mind and that this community will continue to be both enjoyable for everyone and will be a great resource for those who seek it.

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    This is getting good. Since I don't want to violate the terms of my re-instatement from being terminated, I'll just watch the show.

-AJ
    AJ,

Great job at sitting back and watching! Isn't that what got you the boot in the first place? Just being here to learn then peddling stuff out without signing up like your supposed to? Your opinion is pretty jaded if you ask me. Someone who can't follow the basic rules now having the nerve to come back and act like an immature child. If you want to sell you products based off of any reputation gained from this forum act like a vendor like the other 10-20 who have signed up and paid for there membership. Until then, stop your bitching.

Mkmk,

If you don't like this forum go to a "better" forum. KM is still sort of active. Try that... Also, you have been a member for 1 month. With a solid 15 posts prior to this. Where you a prior member that is no longer allowed here?

Dave,

Thanks for starting this forum and basically halting your knife maling to continue keeping this alive. I hope you can now get back to what you really want to be doing and haven't been able to focus on lately. Sorry you now have to deal with backlash from people who don't understand what this forum did to you professionally. Kinda sad to see that from some of these people. Again, thank you for using so much of your personal time to help run a hobby of yours and for putting your career on the back burner for all of us.

Vendors, I hope things work out well for all if you. So far if looks like they are not trying to change anything in you and I really hope it stays that way.

-Chuck

The forum can continue to flourish if we all continue to offer our honest opinions in a respectful manner. While I don't know all of Dave's details, I'm pretty certain that forum owner and mod was never part of his business plan. I hope that this change can allow him to focus on the core parts of his business, making things sharp and making sharp things. I hope that the transition will be a smooth one and the new mods honor the spirit of the forum and Dave can look upon this change as a positive one for the forum and for him personally.

***?

I'm not a vendor and I'm not selling anything. What the heck are you talking about. Furthermore, not a single one of my comments has anything to do with Mark and his associates. I don't want them here either.

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by chuck239 View Post
    AJ,

Great job at sitting back and watching! Isn't that what got you the boot in the first place? Just being here to learn then peddling stuff out without signing up like your supposed to? Your opinion is pretty jaded if you ask me. Someone who can't follow the basic rules now having the nerve to come back and act like an immature child. If you want to sell you products based off of any reputation gained from this forum act like a vendor like the other 10-20 who have signed up and paid for there membership. Until then, stop your bitching.

Mkmk,

If you don't like this forum go to a "better" forum. KM is still sort of active. Try that... Also, you have been a member for 1 month. With a solid 15 posts prior to this. Where you a prior member that is no longer allowed here?

Dave,

Thanks for starting this forum and basically halting your knife maling to continue keeping this alive. I hope you can now get back to what you really want to be doing and haven't been able to focus on lately. Sorry you now have to deal with backlash from people who don't understand what this forum did to you professionally. Kinda sad to see that from some of these people. Again, thank you for using so much of your personal time to help run a hobby of yours and for putting your career on the back burner for all of us.

Vendors, I hope things work out well for all if you. So far if looks like they are not trying to change anything in you and I really hope it stays that way.

-Chuck

I think my only reservation about a new ownership is the direction this forum will take in the years ahead. If by "growth" it will mean bringing as many vendors in as possible, worthy or not, some of us makers might be better off go our own ways and look for own markets outside the forum.

Other that that, I commend Dave and the KKF members for a good job they have done building this community. Good luck to new owners.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by chuck239 View Post
    Mkmk,

Um, no. Feel free to ask a mod to check my IP address if you don't believe me. Which is ultimately my point: this childish censorship cultivates an atmosphere of distrust and petty vindictiveness.

Paranoid much? QED.

Yeah, I'm new. I like this place. I also think its a little weird, and could be better. I'd think that if the sponsoring vendors want to reach new customers, they'd want to know what it looks like to a newcomer. It's not as uniformly good as some of you seem to think.