Quantcast
Important Announcement KKF has new owners - Page 22
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: KKF has new owners

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike9 View Post
    Looks Texas size to me
    I catch heck for it sometimes, my given name is Austin. I think most people think it's made up because I live in Texas, but it's not, so I like to use the Texas skylines or a map as my avatar.

Thanks for everything Dave, now take a few weeks and breathe Austin, welcome to KKF, i sincerely hope this transition goes very smoothly.

I would recommend the vendors here read up on Social Media Marketing. Although I find it distasteful it's almost becoming necessary.

Mark had it down years ago and caught everyone by surprise. He's a professional retailer, most people weren't quite ready for that either.

It is what it is. If I want to play ball in Jimmy's yard I have to follow his rules.

Thanks Dave, I have gotten so much enjoyment from this forum I just don't have the words, and I would probably misspell them anyway.
    Welcome Austin, Texans or Cowboys?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I catch heck for it sometimes, my given name is Austin. I think most people think it's made up because I live in Texas, but it's not, so I like to use the Texas skylines or a map as my avatar.
    I think he was referring to the fact that the size of your avatar ilooks bigger than everyone else's, I.E. we can't make ours that big. I could be totally wrong here, but that's the way I Interpreted it.

social marketing might do wonders for ones own business, but its a forum killer. just look at KF and FF. forum traffic will die if people realize the discussion isnt authentic.

The past few pages have mentioned how this forum has better discussions than other forums, ext. I think that is at least partially due to the fact that, 1) Dave was one of the oldest, most contributing, most informed, and respective members on the other. 2) When he left many if not most other highly contributing, highly informed /Knowledgeable members either left or were band with him. 3) The structure and atmosphere of this forum was better thought out then the others, it improved on there mistakes.

Another good example is that a thread like this (and many others like it in the past) would have been locked, or more likely removed in the other forum. I don't believe in this forum censors its members on expressing their beliefs and feelings, it just "censors" out the use of the names and links to sights that have been proven in the past to be destructive to forums like this. So I don't think censorship is the right word to be used in reference to these issues.

As for allowing the use of curse words I don't think that's really necessary. I to swear like a ************ but don't think threads filled with such words would make this forum any better? Remember the cut Brooklyn video and how stupid he looked for his use of the F bomb?

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Niloc View Post
    I think he was referring to the fact that the size of your "avatar" ilooks bigger than everyone else's, I.E. we can't make ours that big.
    I'll behave and not make a comment about this. Really.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Lucretia's avatar above is even bigger than Austin's Texas one from the looks of it.

It's legal--sized it to 160 pixels on the longest side, and it's well within the allowed file size.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller