Quantcast
Important Announcement KKF has new owners - Page 26
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: KKF has new owners

Guilty! Only 'cause Mari posted though
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Have you ever noticed, when cooking broccoli, the thin line between deliciously crunchy, and grossly mushy? I hate overcooked broccoli.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    Have you ever noticed, when cooking broccoli, the thin line between deliciously crunchy, and grossly mushy? I hate overcooked broccoli.
    I like the broccoli stems. Just give em a quick peel, cut as you wish and cook as you like. Awesome peppery flavor, and texturally resilient.

Personally, it's beets I find most offensive. Unless freshly roasted, they totally suck. No?

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Don't like beets much until they're pickled...then I can eat a bunch of them. Don't care for broccoli if it's mushy or so crunchy you can't tell if they've been cooked. Aldente only goes so far.

Mmmmm.... pickled beets and eggs!

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by jayhay View Post
    Personally, it's beets I find most offensive. Unless freshly roasted, they totally suck. No?
    No. They totally suck, even when freshly roasted.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    No. They totally suck, even when freshly roasted.
    Well, how do you feel about canned asparagus? Certainly nothing sucks more than that?

Try a charred beat sometime, with some charred carrots, cumin-yogurt, lime zest and chili flake. I guarantee you can be converted.

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Hi guys. Just thought I'd weigh in: Beets, broccoli ... both beautiful vegs but must be cooked right, like with anything. I'm also wondering if the former admin were opposed to beets, like some here above, and if this stance might change with the welcome arrival of the new admin? In short I'm hoping Group Builder will be much more beet-friendly and there will be more openness towards vegetable discussion in general.

Just two cents. Thanks.

Beets, the red-headed stepchild of the veg world. It's genuinely hard to be a beet in spring when you have ramps growing next to you. Even if you're candy striped.

If this BBS becomes heavily beet-favorable, I may need to head back to KF...

Obviously you guys never went to "The International" in Greek Town Detroit back in the day. I made a Greek meal I remember from there just last weekend. Roast lamb, string beans in tomato sauce, spanakopita, and roast beets with garlic sauce. They are an amazing appetizer and as much as I love it I really, really hate working with fresh beets.

+ Reply to Thread