Quantcast
Important Announcement KKF has new owners - Page 27
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: KKF has new owners

Quote Originally Posted by Mike9 View Post
    Obviously you guys never went to "The International" in Greek Town Detroit back in the day. I made a Greek meal I remember from there just last weekend. Roast lamb, string beans in tomato sauce, spanakopita, and roast beets with garlic sauce. They are an amazing appetizer and as much as I love it I really, really hate working with fresh beets.
    Ah yes, it's freaking amazing. But you won't get laid for a week if you eat it. Here's a slam dunk hella-garlicky sauce recipe.

http://thefoodblog.com.au/2009/10/to...ce-recipe.html

Dig it.

Are we anxiously waiting for Austin to weigh in on beets now. I'm feeling this may be important.

I love the fluorescent purple jars of pickled beetroot. When I was a child it was a staple of my diet

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    In general, I think beets and cilantro have something in common. No in between....People love or hate.

Quote Originally Posted by bikehunter View Post
    In general, I think beets and cilantro have something in common. No in between....People love or hate.
    True dat. But charred beets and carrots with cumin-yogurt, lime and chili is amazing. It will convert anyone. People who hate will love. (((LOVE massive))) everyone.

I love ****s.

The only bad thing about beets is the way your poop looks the next day. Once it took me a few hours to remember what I ate the night before and I was sure I was dying.

They say people who look at their poop are weirdly possesive. Just saying.

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhay View Post
    True dat. But charred beets and carrots with cumin-yogurt, lime and chili is amazing. It will convert anyone. People who hate will love. (((LOVE massive))) everyone.
    Well, as I said, I'm a fan of pickled beets, but I've never tried this beet recipe. I probably will when the produce stand in front of my house opens for the season on Friday. I'll be so happy when that happens as I can't get to the grocery for veggies easily in the winter, and I'm starting to look like a giant bowl of meat and potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    They say people who look at their poop are weirdly possesive. Just saying.
    One of my best friends is kinda poop obsessed, or at least he used to be. A few years ago he wanted to make a book of unique and interesting poop pics. He is one of the most positive and wonderful persons in the world. So, I don't doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by bikehunter View Post
    Well, as I said, I'm a fan of pickled beets, but I've never tried this beet recipe. I probably will when the produce stand in front of my house opens for the season on Friday. I'll be so happy when that happens as I can't get to the grocery for veggies easily in the winter, and I'm starting to look like a giant bowl of meat and potatoes.
    Roast the beets until they are just tender, slice 'em thick then char 'em. Shave the carrots thin, or cut the them into 1/4"-ish sticks, so a good sear/char cooks them through. A heave cast iron pan helps greatly. Plate 'em up. Mix a bit of toasted-ground cumin into some good greek yogurt and drizzle over the top. Microplane some lime zest on top and sprinkle some chili flake to finish. Aleppo pepper is even better (here is my secret source for cheap, amazing quality aleppo).

This one is a winner.