Quantcast
Important Announcement KKF has new owners - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: KKF has new owners

Greetings Austin, hope you can keep things up to the standards that have been set.

Dave, you rock! Best of luck in all you decide to do with your new found time.

Cheers!
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Thank you so much Dave, I haven't been here very long but it's been long enough for me to feel at home, not feel like a dumbass for asking newb questions, and to feel the love this community has for each other and the topic. The vibe you created has everything to do with that, and it is a great thing you have built here. Austin, welcome! I must say I have a bit of a selfish reason for liking this change though... somewhere down the line is a Martell with my name on it, and it probably just got a little bit closer to fruition Now I REALLY have to get better at knife care- and I have less time to do it in
    Restaurant Murphy's Law 101: If you have 5 and don't prep any, you'll sell 6. If you do prep some, you'll sell 4

Wow...looks like I missed a lot!....I gotta start signing on during my lunch break....welcome Austin, Congrats to the new owners as well.....

As for Dave....I hope this takes a load off.....I know how much work the forums is.....now get back to work, maybe my box of knives is next'!!!!!!!!!!....probably not but that's what I'm tellin myself!....ryan

viva la revolucion !

Thanks for all the kind words folks.

Giving up the forum is not easy, it's unsettling because it's change, but I feel confident that it's a good change so I have comfort in the move being right for us all.

For us vendors (and I say "us" because I'm right there with you guys) we can look forward to an even broader reach across the internet (since these folks have to be better at SEO and all that good stuff than I could ever be) helping to bring in more members and potential customers. The new owners' revenue from KKF is primarily from us so they care about us - trust me here they do - and I feel that we've got even better things to come.

I do agree with a couple of the posters here in that it's a good thing to remove myself (a vendor) from running the forum. I don;t wish to elaborate my thoughts on this but I'm sure that you can figure out the reasons why this would be good for everyone.

I started this forum with Jim back a little over two years ago with the goal of providing a safe haven for those of us vendors who wish to do business without having to deal within a cutthroat environment, for the members who wanted a more friendly & less business like aggressive discussion forum that they could share and cultivate friendships. I hope that by now you all can see that nothing bad is going to happen from this change and that you can feel the good intent of the new owners and can see that we're still headed down the same path we've started on.

Thanks again to all of you who have contributed, supported, and participated in making KKF what it is, a pretty damn good forum.

Awwww....we still love you Dave!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Did anyone tell Austin about our KKF tradition of new members using their newest knife to slice a nice piece of raw cow tongue and eating it?

I like a little worcestershire with mine....

Welcome!!!!!!
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Thanks Dave, and welcome Austin!

This sounds like a good change and will allow Dave more time to do what he does best / would like to do and Austin / GroupBuilder to do what they do well.

Now, when does the enhancement that makes mini-pizza pop out of my cd tray go into effect?

Also, lets see some pics of that old 15" kitchen broadsword!
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Geez... I fall off the forum for a couple weeks and all kind of hell breaks loose... This sounds like a good fit for you Dave, and as such- Congratulations.
    Austin- welcome! But never forget that this is a forum comprised of folks who are proficient with wielding sharp objects... Just saying
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Interesting.

I can totally understand this move. Frankly, I have never understood why any person would want to (or try to) administer a forum. I think they are all crazy mother *******.

(Just testing the new Group Builder swearing policy).

David Ricardo, the famous economist, in his theory of comparative advantage makes the point that even if you are the best at producing something and have an absolute advantage in performing those duties (in Dave's case rehandling knives, founding and running a forum, making knives, sharpening etc.) it is still beneficial to give up some of those duties if another party has a relative efficiency. Everyone will be better off in the end -- and I think this is such a case.

When all is said and done, there will be more Dave re-handles, a well administered forum, more Martell blades, and a lot of sharper shiny things in this world. Dave just sorted out his comparative advantage -- and rightly so considering his talents in many other areas.

Now, stepping away from the rational part of me, there is still something that feels like this sucks. But that's just me.

k.

Edit: NOTE THE NEW SWEARING POLICY.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Heh, look at the suddenly salty Karring... And I agree, I felt a little pang in my stomach when first seeing this thread. Hopefully said pang isn't justified. Not sure how happy I am with the new swearing policy honestly, I swear like a sailor all day in the kitchen, this is one of the few places I feel the need to elucidate upon my musings in an elevated fashion without resorting to such common terms as:****, ****, ***** - oops. Nevermind.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

+ Reply to Thread