Quantcast
Important Announcement KKF has new owners - Page 9
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: KKF has new owners

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this. Dave is a wonderful person and I always wish him the best, hopefully nothing changes.
    Ditto!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Kind of like when you get that letter informing you that, in the future, your mortgage payments should be sent to XYZ corporation.
    No particular explanation, but you assume everyone made money. Just don't forget to send the check every month.

No. While never an especially popular member of this forum, I feel sold out.
    This transaction must have been the subject of negotiations for months. The members, supporting or not, were never informed. It was obviously naive to have assumed that this venture was somehow more high-minded than that which preceded it.
    KKF has now descended into the realm of forums that have gone before it, most notably that from which it sprang. Good play Dave; never leave a dollar on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipcich View Post
    This transaction must have been the subject of negotiations for months. The members, supporting or not, were never informed. It was obviously naive to have assumed that this venture was somehow more high-minded than that which preceded it.
    KKF has now descended into the realm of forums that have gone before it, most notably that from which it sprang. Good play Dave; never leave a dollar on the table.
    While you have any right to feel however you want to, I also think you are being unnecessarily unfair and ungrateful. At least at this time, I don't see KKF anywhere close to what you are pointing to, and there is a difference between a man moving a voluntary additional part-time - sometimes full-time - job off his shoulders to focus on his core area and taking the members' $$ from the table. If anybody, the vendors might be observing this closely. I know I will, but personally I never had any reason to distrust Dave with anything, so I am going into this new scenario with an open mind and open eyes. I have appreciated your contributions, so I hope you - and everybody else who feels like this - will come around to at least give it a achance and see how it goes.

My 2cts,

Stefan

OK.

Dave,
    I deeply appreciate everything that you've put into this forum. I've long wondered how you manage to juggle all the balls. I followed you over from the old forum because I knew you as a man of integrity and nothing I've experienced here has ever made me doubt that. I trust in your judgment that Austin and the new crew will deliver all that we've come to expect. Hopefully this will allow you to step back and focus on the things which you want and need to focus upon. While you did it with great aplomb I have no doubt that moderating a bunch of knife knuts was something you never really expected to be doing. I have nothing but good things to say and good wishes to bestow. Thank you for starting this and I hope that your new and improved role will be a good one.

Warmest regards,
    Mike

Austin, welcome aboard. I wish you well and hope that you will find this to be as welcoming a place as I know it to be.
    Mike

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    My 2cts,

Stefan
    I'm with Stefan on this. Although I have gone through two changes of ownership in companies I have worked for in the past, neither went especially well for anyone, I will keep an open mind and give this a chance. Hopefully the new owners will have more time to concentrate on expanding the forum without making it just another forum looking for a profit.

My reason for being a member was an invitation by Dave. He offered soon after he started KKF and I moved over here after the wild time at the other forum. I don't get enough business from the members here to justify the vendor fees but it is important to keep in touch with what is going on. And I have learned a lot about knives and their care from reading all the posts.

Congratulations Dave. I hope you are finally able to concentrate more on the day-to-day business that supports your family. (The knife you rehandled and gave the spa treatment is a dream to use!) Congratulations Austin and your group for a spectacular, but sudden, purchase. I look forward to the new ownership rules and hopefully continuing with the KKF sub-forum I now have.

I'd like to give Dave a ton of credit and huevos for starting and running this forum.
    With that being said, I'm an old cynical SOB. I got that same queasy feeling some of you mentioned and suspect many others have. For the noobs it won't make much difference but as an old timer that was around for the civil war (Not that Civil War, I'm not that old) I'm reminded what the motivation was to create this forum. It was born out of passion and a little greed. I worry about what's left once the passion is gone?

I also believe that time will tell and the new owners deserve the chance to do it right.

Good luck to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipcich View Post

Name:  23726896.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  67.8 KB
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter