Quantcast
Important Announcement KKF has new owners
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: KKF has new owners

KKF has new owners

Hello everyone,
    I’m pleased to announce that KitchenKnifeForums.com has been purchased by Group Builder, Inc and will be managed by them from this point on.

The new owners specialize in acquiring and maintaining niche market discussion groups like what we've built here at KKF. They've been doing this for a long time and have the proper resources to deal with the maintenance & upgrade requirements necessary to keep a growing forum active and thriving.

I feel that this move is a good thing as it will bring future expansion to us yet we’ll still maintain our small community feel that we've cultivated here. The new owners assure me that they mean to keep things as normal as possible for us and I believe their intentions to be true.

On a personal note, running a forum has been found to be a lot of work, much more than I could have ever imagined, it’s put a strain on my business, my personal life, and my nerves. I've found it difficult to have to moderate (and even ban) customers and friends and the time requirements are extreme to say the least – something needed to change. I look forward to transferring the time spent operating the forum towards efforts in my business by moving forward with many overdue projects and plans as well as I hope to be able to take part in more of the discussions than I've previously had time for. I have a lot that I can contribute but I've not been able to – again I felt that this needed change. While I will remain on as a moderator for only another month I will not be going anywhere, I’ll remain as an active vendor as I always have.

Moving forward, I ask that you give the same considerations and help to the new owners, that you've given to me in the past. I have full confidence in the new owners’, along with our moderators’, ability to support and run the forums as need be and you should feel confident here as well. Please join me in welcoming aboard Group Builder, Inc, as well as our new administrator Austin McLendon, and let’s look towards a fresh start with these folks.

Thanks for making KKF the great community that it is!

Regards,
    Dave

Dave,

Thank you for the introduction! I want to start by saying nothing will change. We've been running on our servers for over 24 hours now and things are running smoothly.

If for some reason you do see something out of place or you think something is not quite right please let me know and I will get it taken care of.

You guys have built up a great community and I'm quite pleased to be a part of it. I've known of your community for some time, but have always stayed on as a lurker.

A little about me, for most of my working career I've been in kitchens, my last job being a kitchen manager for a local eatery called Mangia Pizza, which received some national attention when we competed for the world's longest unbroken chain of pizzas. Here's a video from the production line.

Aside from Mangia I've been in a half dozen or so kitchens as everything from a line cook to a manager (with a little time waiting when needed). I currently own a set of non name brand Santoku, and have a retired 15" chef knife from my kitchen days that I recently started working with again. I love cooking and I love knives. I know I'm going to love being here too.

Again, thank you all for having me and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Austin
    Last edited by Austin; 03-26-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Best of luck! Can we expect any changes or improvements here?

I have no intention of making any changes. What do you mean by improvements?

Dave,

Thanks for the wonderful service you have provided here for the past few years. As someone in IT who has managed a smaller-scale version of this, I know how much of a burden it is. I hope you can get back to your core business with even more enthusiasm and energy.

Austin,

I'll give you the standard greeting: welcome to KKF! I'd ask you what you are looking to buy, but it seems you've already done it! Looking forward to continuing to love and enjoy this community.

Z
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Thank you Z!

I will be looking into purchasing a higher end knife here in the near future. I've kept my older ones in good shape form when I started cooking, but I've always wanted something more ornate and I see a lot of guys here offer them.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I have no intention of making any changes. What do you mean by improvements?
    Improvements - just a general question. If administration of a site changes, then perhaps the site changes somewhat too. In any case, in my opinion you have found a great niche site to invest in and be involved in. I'm curious how things will go.

Looking forward to the new ownership.

-AJ

Welcome aboard Austin, I am looking forward to working with you and the new team.

Dave, many, many thanks for all your hard work and sacrifice building this fine community. Having you back in the shop working is going to be fun with all the projects on the table.

Since Group Builder purchased the forum, I'm wondering if they plan to recoup that investment by putting ads on the forum, increasing vendor fees, or something similar.

+ Reply to Thread