Quantcast
Important Announcement KKF has new owners - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: KKF has new owners

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Patatas Bravas View Post
    I tried to log in maybe a couple days ago and there was a mysterious 'data backup in progress' message. Maybe this explains it?
    That's what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Burl Source View Post
    Dave,
    I fully understand the difficulty of going in too many different directions at the same time.
    I am grateful for everything you have done and wish you the best of luck with your business.
    Now get to work, make knives and post lots of photos.
    We have needs.

Austin,
    I am curious if you would be willing to tell us of the other forums owned by Group Builder, Inc.
    Does the current income of the forum generate enough income to justify your purchase of the forum?
    Will the membership fees be changing? Will we start seeing advertising?
    I am curious because there has to be some sort of motivation for making the purchase of KKF.
    Here's a link to our corporate page.

http://groupbuilder.com/

For the record GroupBuilder is a three strong company. Keith, the other Admin in the network and I grew up together in the same small town and have been friends now over half of our lives. We joined up a few years ago out of a love of our communities and have been moving forward as GroupBuilder from that point forward.

I came across KKF when I was looking for a new knife. As I said in my intro I cooked commercially for many years, but now that I'm only cooking at home for friends and family and I want to get a better knife. I read through a few threads, really liked the community, and you know the rest.

Hoping for more openness and less heavy handed censorship.

-AJ

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Welcome Austin, Glad to hear you have some connection to our topic and intend to keep things as they are because I think they have been great so far. Also glad to see that Dave gets a break, I am sure he can use it.

That said, I may be a bit naive when it comes to business things, so I am just asking 'What's in it for you?', i.e. what does a company get from buying forums. Will there be advertising? Fees? Trading of 'customer information'? Just curious,

Stefan

PS You guys all type faster than I can on my phone
    I do not, have not, and will never sell information. I see that a violation of trust. Advertising will not change, fees will not change.

Quote Originally Posted by wsfarrell View Post
    As a guess, ads are coming:

Group Builder Advertise
    We will not be adding advertisements, the Vendor relationship setup Dave has fostered will suffice, no additional ads or increase in rates will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    Hoping for more openness and less heavy handed censorship.

-AJ
    Yes, it is probably more reasonable and better that the forum is controlled by a person or party that is not a vendor, so long as the person/party is genuinely interested in the forum topic and community.

One last question.
    My vendor membership fees are set up to be paid automatically with Paypal on a quarterly basis.
    What do those of us like myself need to do to insure payments are going to the correct place?
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

Welcome to the Knut House, Austin!
    Dave, thanks for all the stuff!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Administrator
    You will need to cancel your old KKF Subscription and re-sign up like you did before, same terms and process. However, I will send you a PM as well as all Vendors with additional information.

THANK YOU DAVE
    Welcome Austin & Co.

Dave, since I know you have extra cash in your pocket right now...can I borrow $5....for a hamburger?.....I will pay you back next Tuesday.
    "Into a country where the jails are full, and the mad houses closed." - Charles Bukowski

Are the vendor fees to stay comparable to what we paid, or is it up to the new owner?

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread