Quantcast
Important Announcement KKF has new owners - Page 11
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: KKF has new owners

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Double espresso? I like you already!
    I drink about ten shots a day. I've been trying to cut back but it's been tough. I have an eight month old who does not like sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Just to throw some fat on the fire- the other option to moving the forum management to Austin was to shut down the KKF completely. I think we can all agree (arguably by degree) that this is the better option.
    I'm glad it didn't have to come to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Just to throw some fat on the fire- the other option to moving the forum management to Austin was to shut down the KKF completely. I think we can all agree (arguably by degree) that this is the better option.
    There didn't have to be just these two options as I'm sure more than one member here, at the very least, would have been interested in coming forward to take on admin roles. However, DaveM was able to make some money out of the change, and fair enough to that.

From what I've read I know you and Dave are the two founders, and I understand that either of you might have mixed feelings about handing over the controls. However, saying 'it was either this or shutting KKF down' sounds kind of negative and a disservice to the new admin, as though the sale was the lesser of two evils. To be blunt, if admin work had come to be such a burden for the former admin then the change should definitely be for the better and I think people should feel very positive about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    Hoping for more openness and less heavy handed censorship.

-AJ
    Me too.

Regardless of your opinion of the parties involved, a forum like this works best when people are able to have fair, open conversations about various vendors, services, etc. Otherwise, it looks an awful lot like a private sandbox, organized for promotional purposes by the owner. Now that this forum has been sold to a third party, this is an opportunity to take a broader view.

There are plenty of electrons available, and everyone should be able to have their say.

Quote Originally Posted by Patatas Bravas View Post
    There didn't have to be just these two options as I'm sure more than one member here, at the very least, would have been interested in coming forward to take on admin roles. However, DaveM was able to make some money out of the change, and fair enough to that.

From what I've read I know you and Dave are the two founders, and I understand that either of you might have mixed feelings about handing over the controls. However, saying 'it was either this or shutting KKF down' sounds kind of negative and a disservice to the new admin, as though the sale was the lesser of two evils. To be blunt, if admin work had come to be such a burden for the former admin then the change should definitely be for the better and I think people should feel very positive about it.
    Oh.. I agree 100% that this is for the better and in no way is it a reflection on the new ownership-but closing down was a real possibility in the big scheme of things. I would caracterise the sale as provident rather than prurient in every way measurable.

Jim just made us all feel very very stupid.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Honestly, I've always wondered who Jim is/was? Kinda like the man behind the curtain.

I've often wished that Jim was my alter ego.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Edit - Derp, nevermind, I got nothing to say here. Carry on folks!

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    Thank you Dave! I really mean it, thanks for getting this place started.

Austin.....time to get some knives.
    Amen.

Dave made the forum, and we are all grateful for that, but he doesn't MAKE the forum. The members do. Im not too worried about any changes at this time, it's not in the new owners best interest to go messing around with things too much. As we've shown before, if things get too bad we will pack up our crap and leave. It would seem knife knuts are a nomadic people. I don't think it will come to that though.

Congrats on getting out from under the burden Dave, you are Atlas no more.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

I wonder what formerly unwelcome individuals will come skulking around.........
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig