Mothers day sale, thinking out loud

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delbert Ealy

Reaction score
So one of the forum members suggested that my paring knives would make a great mothers day gift. I too think its a great idea, but I have done quite a few of the parings over the past few months and I wanted to do something a bit different. I like my design so I didn't want to change that, I have thought about a bigger model(aroud 4 inches), as I have mentioned in another thread, and I will do that. I wanted to keep things reasonable though, and I thought back to a particular special order. This was a paring knife with bolsters. I don't do them usually to keep the costs down, and I havn't suggested them because they are more work. I would normally charge $130 for one with bolsters, but what I am thinking is that I'll do them for my normal price of $110
I may even limit these to this one time each year, who knows, like I said in the title I'm just thinking out load here.

To avoid pms coming out my ears, what I was thinking is of making a bunch of these in the next month and then posting them for sale on the first of may. I am working on adding variety to my handle materials, but I still have many choices to add, I will probably make several using similar handle materials.

Let me know what you guys think of this idea here on this thread.
Maybe just to be peckish I'll call it the mother-in-law sale(this is my idea of humor, yeah I know I'm twisted)

Thanks,
Del

judd.jpg

Great idea. I'd definitely be interested, but not for my mother-in-law

Agreed. I would definately be interested as well, with or without the bolster.

Mother's Day gift. I mean oh yea I'm getting one for "my mother"

Well lets see - both my MIL and my Mom are dead so I'd buy two and have a mock duel in their honor - one in each hand. Hell Yes it's a good idea. And like my MIL used to say - "the longer the better". :groucho: :devilburn:

Sounds like my idea is a good one, I have steel on the way.
I am also shipping a batch of wood out for stabilization too.
Del

I will be interested in a knife from this run, unless I cave and order a petty from you first :wink:

My mother and mother in law are gone but I'd like one for my wife, she's a mother 5 times over.

Glen

I figure I've been called "a real mother" often enough to qualify , and these little knive look outrageous. I don't own a great paring knife...yet . Happy Mother's Day dad

Del - are you putting a list together or is it going to be first come? I'm in for one -

Del - are you putting a list together or is it going to be first come? I'm in for one -

I put this up to gauge interest, I will probably make an announcement of the exact time I'll post the knives for sale.
I am planning on making quite a few. I do want to make sure everyone who wants one gets one though. We will see how it works out.
Thanks,
Del

I'm for one . OMG! My son gonna call me mamma till now...

I'm interested, thought my L R Harner would be my one and only paring knife but I'm realizing its alot easier to buy another small knife them a fifth or sixth gyuto.

I'm interested, thought my L R Harner would be my one and only paring knife but I'm realizing its alot easier to buy another small knife them a fifth or sixth gyuto.

I'm in the same boat re. my Harner paring. I thought I was done with acquiring more small knives, but I'm in for one 4" model.

I have 2 of your paring knives and a 240 gyuto. Love them all. Count me in too.

100_1376.jpg

This is what I have so far, 32 paring knives ready to heat treat.
Del

You can put me down for one if I can supply the wood.:biggrin:

Back