• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S: Gengetsu, Takeda, Pierre, Del

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyChance

Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the picture quality, cellphone and the lighting wasn't cooperating. Can get more tmrw. All prices include shipping and paypal fees. These don't get much use and I would rather have them get some use than not. If I have any original boxes for these, I have no idea which ones they are. If you want a box, you can have one, it just may not be the exact correct one. If you don't, then a slab of wood it is. Easier and safer.

Gengetsu Semi Stainless 210mm Gyuto. Saya has some stains from being at work. Also has a small split where knife enters, doesn't affect it as it doesn't fit that tightly anyway. Great cutter, one of the best I have used, just don't love the size so I hardly use it. Edge length is about 215mm. Will probably replace it with a 240mm when Jon gets them in stock again. They go for $345 when available, asking $315.

2013-03-26+17.23.03.jpg

Takeda AS 180mm Nakiri with Mike Henry handle. Handle is made from blackwood, imitation ivory and amboyna burl from Burl Source. Very little use. Paid $260 for the knife, plus wood, plus Mike's services, asking $300.

2013-03-26+17.23.18.jpg

2013-03-26+17.23.29.jpg

Delbert Ealy 240mm Damascus Gyuto. Handle is made from California buckeye burl and redwood and is very comfy. Blade is Del's standard carbon damascus mix, O1 and L6, I think. Flat ground, very very thin. Del usually has a dark etch on these, but using BKF on it has lightened it and I actually prefer it. Did not photograph well however, haha. Original wood box included. Paid $800, asking $650 OBO.

2013-03-26+17.24.08.jpg

Pierre Rodrigue 7" Boning Knife. Made of CPM154 and the handle is maple burl I believe. Edge length ~190mm. Includes leather sheath made by Pierre. Very light use. Paid $420, asking $400.

2013-03-26+17.24.40.jpg

Full or partial trades considered. I will be at work all weekend, so I won't be able to ship until my days off (Mon/Tues). I also have a couple of small HHH gyutos and a Hiromoto suji for sale, but I need to take pictures of them.

If I wasn't in the middle of moving I would buy the Gengetsu. Stupid responsibilities.

Gorgeous lineup u have there, GLWS!!! btw, if i drink enough scotch tonite, I may have to pull the trigger on one of these.

I'm interested in the boning knife and have a couple of questions. Could you please email me?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! That damn Gengetsu is testing me.

No kidding. I might have to spring for that one... :)

JohnnyChance, please send me an email....

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Del doesn't go by the time I get off work tomorrow...........:biggrin:
At this price it should go quickly though

i'm shocked that the gengetsu isnt gone either... i've a wait list of over 2 pages... maybe i should send some of them your way ;)

If the Del doesn't go by the time I get off work tomorrow...........:biggrin:
At this price it should go quickly though

What time do you get off work? Otherwise , I'll pull the trigger on this, don't want to step on your toes, but I'm sure Johnny Chance wants it sold and I'm ready

PM sent on Del.... No one here was able to save me from myself. Thanks guys this is a steal!

Happy for you , if you change your mind , I'm in.

i'm shocked that the gengetsu isnt gone either... i've a wait list of over 2 pages... maybe i should send some of them your way ;)

You should. Because when it sells and they are back in stock I'm just going to grab a 240 version from you anyway. So you still get a sale! :D

Del sold!

Only the Geng remains...the one that I thought would sell the fastest.

If I liked 210's it just might have. But the Del is coming my way and I am STOKED!

That is a gorgeous lineup of knives, especially the Pierre boner. Good luck on selling the Gengetsu.. I'm surprised it is still available, if only I hadn't already spent my knife budget for the month.

Wow...i am shocked the gengetsu was last....those knives cut like crazy

I nearly bought this guy, then my computer died. I guess I have to wait until it restocks.

Latest posts

Back