Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Official East Coast Gathering thread

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    That's one good looking dog! I wish I could've come and hung out with Abby again.
    Oh yeah and the people and the knives.
    Thanks for the pics Seth!
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Thanks so much for being such a great host! Vincent and I had a lot of fun.

Hats off to Craig and his wife for their generous hospitality. Really enjoyed the opportunity meeting several of the guys from this forum. Thanks to WildBoar for the lift up to Holland, and the great baby advice.
    Johnny, Son and Rick, that table you guys shared was a straight candy shop of what this forum has to offer, A to Z. Seth, your tour through Shig City was phenomenal. Butch, dig that Tuna sword, and stunning work all around!
    Too many highlights for this newcomer to list, but I will mention the Million layer Damascus from Randy, prob the sharpest edge there. The Damascus ladle and stand was nothing shy of groovy, and I have a new found love for the Hiromoto AS 300 suji (for which I now have a WTB thread started) and I'm starting a new search for a good affordable deba.

Many thanks to all there for making my sous (420layers...) and I feel welcome. Cheers!

I arrived late, so missed a chance to meet some of the people I haven't met. Bummer.
    Thanks to Craig for hosting it again. That grouper was fantastic.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Thanks Seth for your family's hospitality and kindness in hosting this event. And thanks for the duck discussion. I got to match up some faces with the names for the first time. It's always enlightening for me to talk with pros about their knives

Link to a photo album. Hope this works...

http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/ma...aly/Ecg%202013

Link didnt work. I really wish I would hav been able to make it. I was working up till the last minuet to find someone to cover my slot at the wedding. But having only 4 cooks in our kitchen, it was impossible. Maybe nxt time
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Damn it. On my lap top out worked when clicked, but now the entire album it's missing! Technology, you have failed me. Again.

Let me fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    I arrived late, so missed a chance to meet some of the people I haven't met. Bummer.
    Thanks to Craig for hosting it again. That grouper was fantastic.

M
    Unfortunately we had to book back before you made it Marko, damn it. But a couple of us were given a short hallpass by the wives sheikhs they were home with the babies.
    I really wanted to see those knives you were bringing. Anybody get any pics or pick one up? Bah, next time!