Official East Coast Gathering thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mano

Reaction score
2013 East Coast Gathering/ECG

Sunday, June 2nd 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Holland, Bucks County, PA

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&r...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

I’ll supply food, beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages

There are beds and sofas for at least eight and plenty of room on the floor for people who need to spend the night

There will be tables for showing your knives and demonstrations

Confirm attendance with # of people on this thread

PM me for the address, directions, coordinating food and any questions.

We had a great turnout last year. Professional chefs, home cooks and collectors traveled from as far as New England and South Carolina. They brought incredible knives and fantastic food. Theory demonstrated breaking down salmon.

The ECG is a chance to meet the people on KKF and talk every aspect of knives.

Attend and make this year even better

You can put me down for a maybe. Possible life/career changes so my schedule may not be the same by then, but I'm pretty sure I can make it.

Count me in. Does this include spouses and can you provide a couple of motels in the area in case we want to stay over?

Friends and family are welcome, but give a head count.

Here’s a link to area hotels

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF...d,+PA&ei=VHJUUeGeII6L0QGOooG4DA&ved=0CIgCELYD

Places I’m familiar with for people coming from the north

Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown
1000 Stony Hill Road
Yardley, PA 19067
(215) 860-1700
http://www.hilton.com/search/hp/us/pa/yardley/0/0/0/0/0/0/15?WT.srch=1

Homewood Suites by Hilton Newtown, PA
110 Pheasant Run
Newtown, PA 18940
(215) 860-5080
http://www.hilton.com/search/hw/us/pa/newtown/0/0/0/0/0/0/20?WT.srch=1

Places I’m familiar with for people coming from the south

Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
400 Oxford Valley Road
PA 19047
(215) 547-4100
sheratonbuckscounty.com‎

Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
2400 Old Lincoln Highway
Trevose, PA 19053
(215) 638-8300

I am in. Will have some stuff with me for you guys to play around and check out up close.

I'm am going to try to make it depending on the work load then.

Ah, I'd like to attend...but am not sure if I will be in the state by then.
I will need to make a trip to Asia in May but don't know when I can come back for sure.
If I am in the states, I will attend.

Maybe you can catch a ride with me, and I catch a ride with somebody else, so by the time we get to ECG we will be finishing one bottle of your brandy.

hate to be another "maybe", but I'm going to plan on coming. The changing factor could possibly be that we're having s baby one month prior to this. We'll see how things are, but wifey is being surprisingly supportive in regards to me going, unless of course it's s trap...

hate to be another "maybe", but I'm going to plan on coming. The changing factor could possibly be that we're having s baby one month prior to this. We'll see how things are, but wifey is being surprisingly supportive in regards to me going, unless of course it's s trap...
Better work to line up someone to help the wife out that day... We are 6 weeks into it right now, and no way in heck could my wife make it through all that time without some help, especially if she is up over half the night on Saturday leading into it.

I will be there assuming I can get the day off. I can pick up people on the way assuming I am going.

Maybe you can catch a ride with me, and I catch a ride with somebody else, so by the time we get to ECG we will be finishing one bottle of your brandy.

deal, I guess I'll have to bring more then three bottles this time.lol

Better work to line up someone to help the wife out that day... We are 6 weeks into it right now, and no way in heck could my wife make it through all that time without some help, especially if she is up over half the night on Saturday leading into it.

yeah, I'm not holding my breath, but we'll see. And a belated congrats!

Dammit! Our new restaurant, and new bakery are going to be opening right around then. I'll probably have a hard time finding a shower/change of clothes in June, nevermind taking a day or two away. Sucks as I'd really like to meet some of you folks in person. Maybe next year:/

Dammit! Our new restaurant, and new bakery are going to be opening right around then. I'll probably have a hard time finding a shower/change of clothes in June, nevermind taking a day or two away. Sucks as I'd really like to meet some of you folks in person. Maybe next year:/

Just make it down to Hartford, you can ride with Son, Marko and myself the rest of the way. Don't you remember you have a....wedding to attend that day?

Damn! Wish I could make it happen...I guess I'll have to let Butch tell me how it goes. By the way, Butch said he can likely make it. Has

Would love to attend and meet some of you guys. My first son was just born on Saturday tho so we will have to see how this goes..

Im a maybe as well. The baby will be a little over 1 then, but I dont like to dump on the wife. I prefer to help her.

I will be there with the Mrs. Looking forward to meeting all you knuts.

Count me in. Too close to home for me to miss! It's always nice talking to people face-to-face about kitchen knives without their eyes glazing over or rolling back into their heads... :lol2:
I might have a +1 with me, to be determined.

Just make it down to Hartford, you can ride with Son, Marko and myself the rest of the way. Don't you remember you have a....wedding to attend that day?

I thought polygamy was illegal in most states? Oh wait- nevermind! I'll see what I can pull off... You'll be up in my neck of the woods fairly soon either way though right? Gonna have to start tidying up the restaurant for visitors;)

I'm a 'maybe'; will be solo if I make it, and probably driving up and back that day.

Thanks for hosting again!

David,

I'm a maybe also but it would increase my chances if we carpooled up and back, splitting the gas costs is a big help. I too want to make it a one day thing, with the thought of leaving by around 6pm.

Bill, that would work (assuming I make it). Where in VA are you? I'm in Alexandria, about a mile from the Beltway.
David,

I'm a maybe also but it would increase my chances if we carpooled up and back, splitting the gas costs is a big help. I too want to make it a one day thing, with the thought of leaving by around 6pm.

Bumping this thread as the ECG is a month away. Hoping matrud, Dave Martell, Jim, Andrew H (this guy's a 6'8" teenager, nice as could be) and Butch Harner will make it.

I have a few knives to trade or sell so bring your wares.

Latest posts

Back