Thread: F/S: Asai Stainless Damascus Wa-Petty 150mm

F/S: Asai Stainless Damascus Wa-Petty 150mm

Used twice, never sharpened, honed once on ceramic rod. Ebony handle with black horn ferrule. With Saya, pin doesn't fit but a little sanding should do the trick, just haven't gotten there yet. Paid $228 with saya & shipping from EE, I'd take $210 shipped CONUS or trade for a different petty. I'm extremely upload-challenged so check out pics on EE if interested
    Restaurant Murphy's Law 101: If you have 5 and don't prep any, you'll sell 6. If you do prep some, you'll sell 4

In my recent 150 petty purge, my Asai is the one that I kept.
    It was my first j-knife. Personally, I have grown away from the san mai damascus aesthetics and the steel (mine is vg10) and I am always trying to justify getting rid of it, but it just cuts like the dickens. The profile is brilliant. I keep buying others (4 now) thinking I will find something I like more, but once again I'm back down to this one.
    The OOTB edge on mine was garbage, I've decided it does best not too steep, at about 15* 70/30 asym. If you plan on owning a knife this size then I strongly urge you to give this one a proper sharpening and give it an earnest try because IMO, it's a hard knife to beat.
    Likewise, anybody looking for a petty: look at this one twice.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

Thanks for the advice wenus, I think I will do exactly as you suggest. Withdrawn. Got a little too excited when I saw that Ealy go up FS perhaps
    Restaurant Murphy's Law 101: If you have 5 and don't prep any, you'll sell 6. If you do prep some, you'll sell 4

Totally unrelated to the sale, Drumjockey, but check out this post I made on including pics in your post. If you're still having problems, PM me and I'll do my best to help you out.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...l=1#post170555

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by wenus2 View Post
    In my recent 150 petty purge, my Asai is the one that I kept.
    It was my first j-knife. Personally, I have grown away from the san mai damascus aesthetics and the steel (mine is vg10) and I am always trying to justify getting rid of it, but it just cuts like the dickens. The profile is brilliant. I keep buying others (4 now) thinking I will find something I like more, but once again I'm back down to this one.
    A Tanaka damascus petty that I recently bought is like that.
    I am still pleasantly surprised that the little petty cuts so well that I keep coming back to it while I keep trying to make my ealy petty perform like that.

TEST

IT WORKED!!!! THANK YOU PENSACOLA TIGER!!! although, as dumb as I felt before, I think I feel even dumber now...

Quote Originally Posted by Drumjockey View Post
    IT WORKED!!!! THANK YOU PENSACOLA TIGER!!! although, as dumb as I felt before, I think I feel even dumber now...
    Lol! After seeing you struggle with pics in your previous sale, coming home from the sh!t show at work tonight and seeing you get it worked out put a huge smile on my face. Thanks for that. GLWS!
    I was actually lookin at this exact knife on EE when Del posted his recent batch of availables, which included a 150 petty. At $210 with saya, it's like a 10% discount from EE. A good deal, imo. Someone buy it before I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Beohbe View Post
    Lol! After seeing you struggle with pics in your previous sale, coming home from the sh!t show at work tonight and seeing you get it worked out put a huge smile on my face. Thanks for that. GLWS!
    I was actually lookin at this exact knife on EE when Del posted his recent batch of availables, which included a 150 petty. At $210 with saya, it's like a 10% discount from EE. A good deal, imo. Someone buy it before I do!
    I withdrew it from sale after wenus gave me some good advice, but I'm glad you (& probably everyone else) got a laugh out of it... I was laughing at me too, that was pretty ridiculous. Computers do that to me- I KNOW it's something stupid and super easy that I'm missing, but I still can't get it. Till some kind soul spells it out for me. 18 times You guys are all pretty darn patient, I sure appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Drumjockey View Post
    You're welcome.