Quantcast
Magnetic Strips and Earthquakes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magnetic Strips and Earthquakes

Magnetic Strips and Earthquakes

Living in California... I'm wondering if anyone has experienced knives coming off their mag strips during/after an earthquake, and what the knife aftermath may have been, if any, from that drop..

We only get small quakes here, but the mag strips in the kitchen haven't failed yet.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Being that I too am in venice and my store has a bunch of magbloks, we haven't had any trouble in the past 2 years ( more if you consider how long we've had them at home )

Jon, thank you. I'll sleep better now...

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    Being that I too am in venice and my store has a bunch of magbloks, we haven't had any trouble in the past 2 years ( more if you consider how long we've had them at home )

It's been a lot longer than two years since the west side had a good sized rumble.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable with the idea if people in the Valley during the Northridge quake or the Bay Area during Loma Prieta reported everything on their mag blocks stayed put.

sw

Engorged Member
    We had a decent rumble a couple of weeks ago and my knives didn't even move. I use an Ikea knife bar with some cork tape onver the top so my knives don't get scratched.
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

That's good to hear.

I'm guessing it was the Anza quake on the 11th. It was a 4.7, fairly strong.

It was out in the boondocks, though. By the time it reached the metro areas of LA, OC and SD it had calmed down quite a bit.

It won't fail provided you have a decent magnetic pull on a surface of the block.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    It won't fail provided you have a decent magnetic pull.
    ... And a solid home foundation.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

Quote Originally Posted by wenus2 View Post
    ... And a solid home foundation.
    yes, I should have said, unless your crumble.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com