Quantcast
Welcome and Introductions for Austin...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome and Introductions for Austin...

Welcome and Introductions for Austin...

Figured someone should start something positive for our new administrator...

Maybe a quick welcome; an introduction; a little background history; why you love KKF, etc...
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Welcome aboard, Austin!

I'm Chris. I was born and raised in Milwaukee, WI. I recently transplanted my family to North Carolina. I've been in the restaurant industry for 25+ years. I opened my first restaurant 2 years ago back in Milwaukee; it was hard to walk away...

I'm very humble, yet very proud; to a fault. I live by two words; no excuses. I have it tattooed on my arm, and I take it seriously.

I loved knives when I was introduced to the forums through my friend Scott (Salty). Because of KKF, my knowledge of knives and sharpening has grown immensely. I have tried probably hundreds of knives now, and am the go-to knut for all of my coworkers.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

welcome, Austin

just an old cook living in NYC. Every once in awhile I tell a story or two. Don't contribute as much as I'd like. Have had a few thousand knives over the years and will have a few more once some of the excellent craftsman here finally kick their asses in gear and get my stuff done! We aren't as crazy as we all sound just a little knutz.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Greetings Austin,

I just like to cut things into little things with sharp things, but I actually like doing this a whole lot! Hopefully this thread will be much more relaxing and enjoyable than the first intro thread you got to read. Here's to more good times talking about knives! Son, I'm with you about stirring the pot for our vendors--come on guys and crank out those knives!

Cheers!
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Welcome Austin.
    If you're in TX you need to make it known. Houston here. Been in the cooking racket off and on since I was fifteen years old. I've liked knives for even longer. I teach now which is loads of fun. The folks here are top notch and generally awesome. We're just a bit knife obsessed. LOL.
    Welcome to the Knut House.

Welcome Austin,

I'm still pretty new here, joined last May but had viewed from the sidelines for about a year prior. Chef/owner for the past 5 years (come July) and have been cooking for past 23ish years. I have a very expensive and up-till-now-very secret passion for cutting pizzas with high end custom knives. Hobby photographer and a scared shitless soon to be father.
    Really enjoy this forum and all of its great members. It has become my new past time, and it has become slightly more pricey than my previous past time which was bar hopping 2-3 nights a week after work guzzling great wines. But at least I don't feel like this in the morning much anymore...

Cheers!
    M

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Welcome Austin, hey are you going to change things????!!!!?????!!!!???!?!?!
    jus kiddin'
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

welcome!

Welcome Austin. Like many others I've been bitten by a love for knives and have been a part of this forum almost since the beginning. I feel like a have gained an advanced degree in kitchen knives. This folks on this forum can be snarky at times but they really mean well. Some are so insigntful its humbling.

Just remember, everybody wants to be considered an expert in something right. I think we are very fortunate to be able to communicate directly with this new wave of American craftmen and Bladesmith-artist. It really cool that eventhough they need to protect trade secrets, many of them share information willingly sometimes altruistically.

I'm a decent home cook that grew up in professional restraunts. I'm from Boston living in Raleigh, NC and loving it.

Welcome!

Administrator
    Thanks for the welcomes guys! I can already tell I'm going to get along well here.