Quantcast
Welcome and Introductions for Austin... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome and Introductions for Austin...

You'll be just fine - a real decent bunch here. We have to be - everyone has something sharp in their hand -

Hi Austin, I'm Dave - you took my job!

I am an overeducated unemployed bum who likes to play with wooden blocks.

Welcome!

Stefan

Welcome Austin. My name is Heath and I'm a tool who loves to make tools while listening to tool. I guess that is what texas heat can do to a person!
    Do not tell me I can't, let me succeed or fail. Even a failure is a small success.

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    Hi Austin. I'm David, The BoardSMITH.

I'm here because of Dave. Actually Dave started out as a customer in 2006 and we quickly went from customer to friends. I have been a woodworker for 51 years and have been making my cutting boards professionally since 2005 as The BoardSMITH. Currently I have sold to every state in the US, every Canadian province and 30 foreign countries. I enjoy sharp things and have learned a lot about knives from the experts here.

I wish you the best and if there is anything I can do to help let me know.

Welcome aboard Austin, and thank you for taking over. Dave has done a fantastic job here, I'm just glad he now has more time to make great knives, and to make knives great!

Welcome Austin,

My name is Chris. I currently reside in Memphis, TN and work with a great group of individuals who's solitary goal in life is helping children (St. Jude). I do not cook professionally, and am not even a "good" home cook, although I try. I was invited to KKF almost 2 years ago by a good friend, and have since found it to be full of great people, a wonderful place to hang out and learn, and truly worthy of my almost non-existent free time .

I have always had a fascination with knives and guns (product of the south I guess), but my passion for kitchen knives and sharpening quickly grew as soon as I joined here. I am a huge collector of J-nats and am now finding a large fascination with collecting knives .

Although I do not often post, as I prefer to defer to those with a deeper knowledge base than myself, I try to visit here at least once a day during one of my shift breaks.

I hope you find this place to be as informative, engaging, and fun as I have these past years.

Again Welcome,
    Regards,
    Chris
    At Death's Door You Only Have 2 choices. Die Happy or Die Regretfully.
    Knowing this...........Choose 1 and Live!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Austin, my name is Matt and I am a burger flipper from Salt Lake City.

Administrator
    Burger flipping was one of my favorite jobs. I started my working career in a small town grill.

http://www.dales-essenhaus.com/index.php

It's grown a lot in the last few years but when I was there it was a hole in the wall down the street from a well known German place.

I started as the kid who cleaned up the beer garden, but by the end of my shift I was flipping burgers.

Thanks for the hospitality everyone!

Welcome, Austin. I'm a civil/ structural engineer with a passion for cooking. My wife also loves cooking as well as baking. I found my way into the world j-knives while looking for knives that would speed up prep work (had Wusthofs, which really didn't seem that great). That led to KF, where I then met quite a few mid-Atlantic members at a couple of ECGs, and took a sharpening class from Dave M. I came over to KKF as soon as it was up and running, and never looked back. I've had the pleasure of dealing with many of the vendors here on the forum, and continue to be impressed with their craftsmanship and willingness to spread their knowledge.

I'm happy to see a lot of new DC-area people joining the forum lately, as for a while there were only a couple of us. I've met two new members over the last couple of weeks and look forward to a time when we can have our own local get-togethers.

Outside of work and cooking I enjoy soccer and car club activities.