New Work Available

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
Okay. The shop has been extra busy since last November when the Christmas rush started and has only recently started to let up. The crush of orders had me pulling my hair out trying to keep everything straight and with no mistakes but I still managed to make some. Hence the first board pictured.

DWS_0278.jpg

This is a walnut 3 x 18 x 24. The customer ordered maple but in the rush I wrote the order incorrectly and only caught it when I was about ready to ship. Good thing I did have an extra 3 x 18 x 24 maple ready. This one is ready to ship to a new home.

Also, there is a 3 x 14 x 20 matching board that is waiting to be final sanded, oiled and waxed.

The second was about as much of a mistake.

DWS_0279.jpg

This is a 2 x 16 x 22 maple board with a mahogany border and perimeter groove. The customer requested no feet and before I realized what had happened I drilled pilot holes in the bottom. Good thing I made two at that time so I was able to get the other ready in short order. This one is ready to ship to a new home as well.

Also still available is an 18" walnut lazy susan and a 20" walnut lazy susan. Both have a low profile bearing which drastically lowers their height and will make them more stable and easier to use.

However, I still have 65+ orders in the shop waiting to be filled so the shop will stay busy for a while longer. If anyone has a question or comment about any of the boards pictured or described let me know by a PM, email or a phone call. I am taking the afternoon off to go to a shooting range so I may be out of touch until later this afternoon.

Beautiful work above Dave! And good to hear you are so busy. Not good for the amount of hair you have left, but great that so many people recognize your great products.

I have the first two PM's replied to for each of the two pictured blocks. I'll wait for them to make their decision prior to replying to further PM's just to be fair.

BTW We put 100 rounds through the wifes 9mm this after noon and about 200 through my .40 cal. The range officer was offering a Colt Trooper III, blued, unfired, in the original box and paper wrapping. If I didn't have taxes coming up I would have bought it.

The maple/mahogany border board is sold.

Bought the Trooper Mark III today!

All are sold. Thanks to all who inquired.

Now there is a mighty gun. Have fun.

I took it to the local gun shop I frequent and the owner made an offer immediately as did one of the customers. They rated it at 98% but offered to pay as if it was a 100% pistol which I politely declined. I will hold on to it.

DWS_0286.jpg

Original box with the original oil paper wrapping.

BTW Just to be safe I did a serial number search through the local PD and it came back clean.

it's not in as good of condition as yours, but I have a 1952 pre-model 27. Gorgeous piece, still runs like a top.

I took it to the local gun shop I frequent and the owner made an offer immediately as did one of the customers. They rated it at 98% but offered to pay as if it was a 100% pistol which I politely declined. I will hold on to it.

View attachment 14375

Original box with the original oil paper wrapping.

BTW Just to be safe I did a serial number search through the local PD and it came back clean.

That is a beautiful and classic gun!!

Just wanted to let you know that the maple and mahogany board arrived yesterday and, as usual, it is a work of art. Thanks again for all your hard work, Dave.

Yeah, my lazy Susan arrived today. Its bigger than i expected.
Im gonna need a bigger table.
Looks great David, thank you.

Back