• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Carter neck knife Damascus and takeda cleaver.....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsy9977

Founding Member
Reaction score
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

First is one of my babies, a carter Damascus neck knife....it is awesome , great Damascus pattern , cool handle and I believe it is still the only knife to have passed Dave's infamous leather belt test....holds an edge forever and is very tough......it has a 3.75 inch blade with an overall length of 8.5. Comes with a kydex sheath asking 450 plus shipping

The cleaver is 24.5x9cm.....handle is on the larger side ....1" wide by 1-1/8" tall ....Its not a little girls handle. It is is made of box elder burl and red mallee burl with stainless steel spacers.....Dave reshaped the edge on this and Andy made the handle.....asking 450 plus shipping

I wish I could do neck knives... Beautiful stuff, Ryan!

That Carter is beautiful. GLWS!

I wish I could do neck knives... Beautiful stuff, Ryan!

They make really good pocket knives too. Even with the sheath mine fits easily into my pants pocket and then i just shorten the neck loop a bit and hitch it to my belt. Then you just grab it by the handle and pull and then sheath stays hanging from your belt. As fast or faster than any thing folding, more fool-proof, and stronger too (no lock to fail).

Both those knives are really awesome deals too. Your basically getting the Carter for the the price of a new, non-Damascus version and the cleaver for the less than the price of a new one... with a free handle upgrade.

Please, someone buy these knives... I am running out of will power...

Why are you selling the neck knife?

Because I have a few neck knives and this one gets the least amount of use.....it's a nice knife but I'm just trying to thin the herd....ryan

What steel is the neck knife? Did you originally buy it from Carter?

What steel is the neck knife? Did you originally buy it from Carter?

I did buy it directly from Murray.....as far as steel I think the core is blue steel.....but I'm not a hundred percent......Murray's Damascus knives are hard to sharpen in the sense that debuting sometimes can take a long time but once u get a clean edge on them they last forever.....I think his Damascus is even harder than his regular knives which is saying something....ryan

both knives removed....thanks for looking....ryan

In the market for a cleaver. is the takeda still for sale?

Back