Quantcast
Where to Buy a Strop Kit?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to Buy a Strop Kit?

Where to Buy a Strop Kit?

Hope this is the right forum for this... and that this info isn't already up here somewhere-- if it is, sorry, I couldn't find it! What are some good sites to buy a strop kit from? Don't want to buy one from... you know. (They're out anyway.) I'm too new to know the reasons for all the animosity but I can smell the bad business in the water, and I'd just rather give my $ to someone who seems more reputable. Maybe I'm making an unfair assumption- and maybe I don't care to find out if it's accurate or not either Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm a beginner- never used one before- if that makes any difference as far as suggested products. Thanks in advance!!
    Restaurant Murphy's Law 101: If you have 5 and don't prep any, you'll sell 6. If you do prep some, you'll sell 4

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...-or-Maple-base

I have also bought strops from Dave/JapaneseKnifeSharpening but it does not look like he is carrying them at the moment.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Kramer has what looks like a nice strop set, but I've neither used nor seen it. Seems a pretty fair price.

https://store.kramerknives.com/product/stropping-block/
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Thanks guys!!
    Restaurant Murphy's Law 101: If you have 5 and don't prep any, you'll sell 6. If you do prep some, you'll sell 4

Marko also sells strops and diamond spray.
    http://www.tsourkanknives.com/index.php/store

I made three 16" long strops for the grand total of about $10. To be fair, I got the leather for free, and I already owned a can of contact cement.
    I'll post some pics this evening if anyone is interested.

Okay sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but this thread finally killed the cat. What is the you know, the one that shall not be mentioned, etc. etc.?! I just cannot figure it out for myself, and it's driving me mad as a Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Chrysler View Post
    I made three 16" long strops for the grand total of about $10. To be fair, I got the leather for free, and I already owned a can of contact cement.
    I'll post some pics this evening if anyone is interested.
    I am definitely interested.