Quantcast
Where to Buy a Strop Kit? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where to Buy a Strop Kit?

Its all good I've got plenty myself mainly for my lazy coworkers (as i sit here at work trolling.....)

In all seriousness, this site has an amazing amount of knowledge from all the posters and I look forward to learning more every day!!

Thanks,

Chris
    Last edited by sharkbite111; 04-02-2013 at 10:38 PM. Reason: better smileys/capitalization

Quote Originally Posted by sharkbite111 View Post
    new owner=no censorship?? hooray!

Chris (who bought his strop kit from CKTG)

Nope, sorry to disappoint, but the censoring was adjusted by myself (before the sale of the forum) with no input at all from the new owners.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkbite111 View Post
    LOL! I troll this site to learn things about knives from from VERY educated/experinced knife aficionados. So far today I've learned that petty hatred runs rampant with some whose opinions i used to value.

Chris
    (still stropping...)

Huh?

It was a reply to the reply...its all good. Thanks for uncensoring this forum. This has gotten way off topic. I recommend the Hand American strop kit. It has done well for me.

Chris

I just placed an order with Phoenix Knife House for a replacement leather pad. They have a strop setup as well.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

As promised, a pic of my homemade strops, well a thread actually. Just something I whipped up with free leather and an oak board from Home Despot.
    http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...103#post196103

Looks pretty sweet!!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    booooo!!!!!!!! hissssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope it doesn't fall apart--seriously. Also hope you didn't buy it to use on a nice moritaka.
    Gee, you mean like this?

This is why you glue the leather to a metal plate and put the magnets in the base like Dave did.

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Gee, you mean like this?

This is why you glue the leather to a metal plate and put the magnets in the base like Dave did.
    Yep...
    one man gathers what another man spills...

I didn't come up with steel plate on the pads thing, that was Eytan at Phoenix Knife House, I just sold his product.